Consumer Lifestyle - Account Executive
Consumer Lifestyle: Account Executive
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a talented, creative, strategic and media savvy consumer Account Executive, with UK as well as global or European experience to support a leading global consumer technology brand and our growing mobility sector that includes several household automotive brands and services.
Working as a critical member of an established, multi-skilled team, the ideal candidate will have agency experience in consumer technology PR and social media, excellent writing skills and a desire to make an impact. Working with the wider account teams, you will implement day-to-day activities that drive the engine of the press office whilst working strategically with the senior team to deliver award-winning campaigns.
With a keenness to learn, you will deliver new ideas, uncover opportunities, engage with media, and influencers, develop and draft content, keep projects and timelines on track and drive towards client objectives.
Having an interest in technology is essential for this role as a large portion of your time will be dedicated to one of the world’s most well-known consumer technology brands. An interest in travel and the future of mobility is also desirable.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in the tech and/or travel sectors – ideally both but consumer tech experience is preferred
- Manage multiple projects with account leads from conception to completion, anticipating challenges and meeting deadlines
- Participation in a busy press office managing both reactive and proactive media enquiries
- Maintain relationships and build media / influencer contacts to drive client coverage
- Campaign and events support
- Draft copy for articles, press releases, and event materials
- Proactively develop and manage client correspondence (i.e. daily pitch updates, activity reports, etc.); communicate status of activity to internal client leads
- Maintain and regularly update the administrative elements of the account (including coverage charts, morning coverage alerts, coverage trackers, media list, reports etc.)
- Creative – confident generating ideas in response to client briefs
- Coverage monitoring and keeping abreast of relevant industry news
- Interest in travel, leisure, tech, entertainment, and the roles these sectors play in our everyday lives, today and tomorrow
- Build a deep understanding of industry trends, competitive landscape and how they impact clients
- UK and global outlook - ability to transfer skills to both UK and global client work
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to develop under the guidance of some of the best in the industry
- The chance to gain first-hand experience working on high-profile international brands
- Exposure to globally recognised clients and campaigns centred upon performance and purpose
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and supportive team
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Our dedicated training academy, The Hub, provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to our clients
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries