Account Executive Consumer Brand
Expert storytelling. Diversity of perspective. Authenticity. Results. H+K Strategies is seeking a dynamic Account Executive with Consumer Brand and Earned Beauty Media experience to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career by playing a key role in the execution of consumer beauty programs and to work on a global beauty team.
Candidates must have experience executing day-to-day deliverables on beauty and/or consumer/women’s health accounts, with a growing track record of success in earned media relations. This will include passion for the beauty space, event planning and execution experience, celebrity and influencer relations, and travel planning, in addition to having some beauty media contacts and/or knowledge of the beauty media space. The role requires the ability to develop compelling media pitches as well as written PR materials, list building, placement tracking and results reporting.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm and energy, an appetite to learn and be challenged, and a foundation of experience in writing, organization, team collaboration and media relations. This is an opportunity serve as a true extension of the client team and be part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary group.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do.
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or related
- 2+ years of PR agency/in-house experience in the beauty/consumer/women’s health/entertainment/lifestyle spaces; agency experience preferred
- Strong understanding of the beauty landscape with a desire to grow your understanding of the space
- A keen eye for trend watching, and the ability to translate trends into actionable learnings for clients
- Proficient in earned media outreach with a growing base of relevant beauty/consumer/lifestyle media contacts
- Social media savvy with an understanding of the importance of owned channels as part of an integrated consumer program
- Articulate, poised, personable, and quick on your feet
- Ability to manage multiple projects with quality and efficiency
- Superior writing skills
- Organized, detail oriented, problem solver, energetic
- Professional and polished demeanor
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, professional development opportunities and more
- You would be part of a wonderful global (UK) agency AND client team who truly operate as one entity and enjoy working together every day (really!)
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training, and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products, and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency, and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.