Vice President, Public Affairs + Advocacy
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is currently looking for a Vice President, Public Affairs + Advocacy to join our team in Toronto. This is a leadership position for a self-motivated, politically engaged professional who is looking for the next, exciting step in their career. As part of one of the largest practices of its kind in the country, your leadership, insight, and strategic mind will be an integral part of H+K Strategies’ public affairs offering.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing practice, contributing to both the delivery of client programs and leadership of the team.As a Vice President, Public Affairs + Advocacy you will:
- Bring a highly developed and modern approach to public affairs which is focused on sound communications, public relations, and social media activism in addition to experience and insights into modern campaigns.
- Be responsible for providing senior public affairs counsel to clients, for generating new business opportunities for the firm and for the day-to-day management of significant accounts.
- Play a central role in the mentorship and development of the practice of public affairs at H+K, providing guidance, feedback and training to team members to champion the evolution and development of this expertise in Toronto.
- Demonstrate understanding of and experience executing campaigns that integrate public affairs and traditional communications tactics.
- Minimum 10 years of public policy and regulatory experience related to public affairs in Ontario
- In-depth knowledge and network within the public sector, including provincial and municipal governments, provincial agencies and organizations
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships within an organization and within the business community
- Strong experience managing multiple teams at once from a financial, client delivery and staffing perspective
- A strong sense of leadership and dedication to mentorship that sets the tone for and cultivates a high-performing team
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to communicate and sell ideas to prospects, clients and partners
- A sense of judgment to set realistic expectations in the face of client demands
- Social media literacy a definite asset
- Full health benefits package—including paid time off, schedule flexibility, wellness reimbursement, and more
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, mentoring, learning + development to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- Access to best practices across H+K and WPP global agency structure.
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative culture
If you are knowledgeable public affairs professional thinking about your next career move, we are interested in talking with you.
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.