DE&I Communications Leader
The DE&I Communications Leader will be tasked with advancing our clients’ business success and future vision by creating compelling strategies and communications that support the various Company’s diversity and inclusion commitments. Reporting to H+K’s U.S. Consumer Package Goods (CPG) Communications lead, the incumbent will partner with global CPG powerhouse Communications leaders and other agency partners to create communications that engage employees and external audiences through story-telling, compelling content, and creative use of various media (e.g., written, live chats, video, infographics, websites, social media). The position will also serve as a liaison between the client’s and H+K’s Corporate Portfolio’s leadership and teams to ensure consistent, integrated messaging and communications strategy is being implemented across the remit. The position will include DE+I initiatives and additional Corporate portfolios (e.g., Sustainability, Executive Communications) for a global CPG powerhouse client and may include supporting other clients as well.
Major responsibilities include:
· Develop strategies and approaches that create relevance and credibility with employees on clients’ DE&I story
· Partner with clients’ Communications teams to identify key messages and create internal/external communications including video scripts, emails, infographics, presentations, compelling story arcs, etc.
· Use storytelling, visualizations, and other creative communication approaches and channels to engage audiences on clients’ DE&I commitments and priorities
· Help develop creative employee engagement opportunities to drive understanding and enthusiasm for clients’ DE&I priorities
· Help advise on DE&I communications issues with the broader communications organization
· Identify, inspire, and collaborate with agency creatives to develop compelling content that supports storytelling
· Develop strategies for and manage social media presence of clients’ executives on DE&I issues, including creating posts
· Coordinate in-person and virtual communications events (e.g., all hands meetings, executive video shoots) including logistics.
· Review and advise on corporate communications as related to DE&I issues for improved experience
· Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field
Primary Skills & Experience:
· At least 10 years of managing and leading communication development
· Communication examples demonstrating use of innovative and engaging communication mediums (Corporate and CPG examples most desired)
· Experience working with and developing executive communications
· Experience supporting internal communications within a large, preferably global, organization
· Project management experience
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated self-starter, proactive and willing to take initiative
· Able to work under deadline pressure and balance multiple priorities
· Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated competence in Microsoft office tools (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, and SharePoint), social media tools (e.g., LinkedIn)