Media Relations Manager
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Media Relations Manager to join our team in Miami, FL. This person will be supporting PR & media relations efforts to help enhance brand awareness for clients, providing a terrific opportunity for a highly motivated individual to support a variety of accounts. This role is fast-paced, demanding and requires someone who can create and edit client-ready content, manage social media, conduct media relations, and provide support to the team on various projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with clients regularly to find inroads to target publications and to help shape stories accordingly
- Story mine unique pitch angles and compelling narratives that successfully connect client brands to key consumer media targets
- Provide support, collaboration and creativity to all brand initiatives
- Work closely with H+K team members and key client contacts, ensuring high quality and precision on client deliverables
- Lead media relations efforts for product launches, corporate initiatives, events, strategic partnerships, programs, events and more
- Draft a wide range of written materials (press releases, articles, communications plans, executive speaking points, and social media content)
- Support integrated PR campaigns targeted toward key customer segments
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications or related
- 4-6 years of full-time public relations agency experience
- Strong media relations/media strategy expertise with the ability to effectively identify, pitch and build relationships with journalists to secure earned media coverage
- Social media management experience, including creating content and content calendars
- Proven client service skills/expertise
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others, independently, and virtually as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, social media, PR & media monitoring software (ex. Cision, FPInfomart, Factiva, Radian6).
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this capacity. The employee will be expected to perform other related duties as required.
Benefits & Perks
Competitive benefits package—including medical/dental/vision support benefits, healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, fitness reimbursement, and more.
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé and cover letter.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world. We believe that every corporation, brand and client has a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards. Our client obsession means constantly evolving, bringing new products, services + world-class talent onboard our teams to help our clients and the public communicate. Always in beta.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.