Public Relations Fellow, Corporate + Technology
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Fellow to support the Technology & Corporate Communications team in our dynamic San Francisco, CA office for a June/July 2019 start. This is a formal fellowship designed to help further develop essential PR, strategic planning, digital, research and media relations skills. The fellowship is merely one step toward what will become a fulfilling career for many.
Our ideal candidate is a skillful writer who is highly motivated and able to manage deadlines for multiple clients—while still creating quality work. We’re looking for a solution-oriented team player with a positive attitude and a proactive approach. A fellowship with H+K represents an exciting opportunity to gain valuable agency experience working within a global network across a variety of influential, global clients.
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Media Studies or related fields
- Previous PR/corporate communications or technology internship with an agency or in-house preferred
- Strong research skills with the ability to analyze and summarize findings
- Excellent writer with knowledge of AP style guidelines
- Social media savvy
- Experience with media monitoring/media analysis programs a plus
- Self-starter who is eager to learn and jump in on multiple projects
- Organized, poised, personable team player able to think on your feet
- Energetic problem solver with excellent multitasking skills and strong attention to detail
- Creative design skills also a plus (PowerPoint, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Desire for a career in strategic communications and public relations
Eligible Benefits: Fitness reimbursement, training and professional development opportunities, 401k enrollment, participation in employee recognition platform and more.
Duration: We require full-time availability throughout the program (minimum 40 hours per week) for 6 months beginning in June/July 2019.
Application Instructions: If you meet the above qualifications, please apply with a resume and cover letter including availability date and relocation timeline (if applicable). If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we ask that you please do not call the office or follow-up on the status of your application. Thank you for your interest in H+K Strategies and we hope to connect with you soon!