Director of Health Policy and Public Affairs
Hill + Knowlton Strategies is looking for an Account Director or Senior Account Director specializing in Public Affairs to join our Health+Wellness team in Toronto. We are a well-established but fast-growing national health practice, integrating public relations and public affairs. We are looking for an experienced public affairs practitioner who will bring a great attitude, energy and passion to our team. We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in advocacy, health policy and communications, as well as a deep understanding of the Ontario health care system and stakeholders.
Take your career to the next level with a global network of energized experts, working across a diverse roster of pharmaceutical, health provider and non-profit clients. Sensitive to the needs of health professionals, patients, policymakers, and advocates alike, our seasoned specialists have a proven track record of building awareness, changing behaviour, influencing policy decisions and driving business results through integrated campaigns and solid counsel.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leading meaningful, strategic campaigns that improve the health and wellness of Canadians, whether it be advocating for policy change or raising awareness of diseases and conditions
- Delivering thoughtful insights and persuasive counsel to clients that advance their objectives based on your deep understanding of the health landscape and client needs
- Acting as the lead on accounts, which includes building strong client relationships, managing budgets and work deliverables, and mentoring and coaching team members
- Managing new business proposals and representing H+K in pitch presentations
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness program, and more
- A career working with and influencing a diverse portfolio of influential clients
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- 10-12 years of relevant public affairs experience, health preferred – consulting firm, in house or in government
- Understanding of provincial and federal public policy processes
- Experience with developing and implementing advocacy strategies
- Proven trusted client adviser: an active listener who builds strong partnerships and confidently offers counsel
- Consulting experience is an asset
- Experience with pharmaceutical policy, digital health or cancer policy considered an asset
- Experience leading and coaching a team or teams of public affairs professionals
- Strategic thinker: understands our clients’ business challenges and develop smart, insight-driven strategies to address these challenges
- Growth mindset: actively seeks opportunities for organic growth; proactively seeks new business leads
- Experience effectively managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative approach to working with a team across different geographies and sectors/services
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority, following public health guidance. H+K is embracing a flexible work model with remote working and purpose-based time in office.
About Hill+Knowlton Strategies
With eight offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, marketing communications, public affairs, citizen engagement, crisis, energy, technology, health care, content marketing, research and measurement, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 11 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 86 offices in more than 47 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.