Energy + Industrials Communications, Account Manager
Hill+Knowlton Strategies has an immediate need for an Account Manager to support its growing U.S. Energy + Industrials (E+I) practice. This is an amazing opportunity to work with companies that are and implementing some of the world’s most innovative new technologies. You will have the opportunity to grow as a communications professional within a global network of subject matter experts and experience and learn a full spectrum of communications skills, working in a fully integrated manner with our content and publishing experts, data and analytics teams, public affairs experts, crisis counselors, and other specialists.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving as a client lead or contributing team member, helping to execute all phases of communications programs (including research, planning, media relations)
- Developing proactive storylines, packaging news announcements, and driving earned media opportunities and results
- Utilizing strategic thinking to translate data results into impactful communications strategy that yields measurable results
- Collaborating with specialists in other disciplines to meet and exceed client objectives
- Contributing to client goals and objectives by preparing written reports, presentations, message development, pitch angles, data analysis and measurement
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
- Serve as a manager and mentor to talented, motivated team members
What you’ll need to get here:
- 4+ years’ experience in strategic communications with a specialized focus on media relations and client counsel
- Problem-solving capabilities with a client service mindset
- Ability to develop pitch angles and identify strong client narratives that capture attention and communicate a clear brand message
- Digital and social media savvy with an understanding of how to reach a target audience and drive engagement through compelling content
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail (i.e.., experience writing press releases, white papers, op-eds, talking points, social media content, and more)
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Professionalism, poise and confidence participating in a variety of situations including client meetings, internal executive meetings and media events
- Passion, integrity and excitement for working with industry-leading teams and clients within a globally influential firm
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or Business
What the role can offer you:
- Strong leadership opportunities with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, learning and development, and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- Exercising creativity in communications strategy and planning
- A career working with bold, creative teams and well-known client brands
- The opportunity to:
- work alongside senior colleagues to manage the day-to-day activities for some of our sector’s key clients
- handle integrated storytelling across paid, earned, owned and shared channels.
- execute strategic and proactive media relations with an array of national, regional, and local media, with an emphasis on California print, broadcast, and online outlets and California-based journalists for national and trade media.
- generate fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that support client objectives
- assist in the development of client messaging and positioning for corporate and executive thought leadership programs
- develop crisp and compelling written materials that articulate and promote our client’s initiatives and programs
A little about H+K
H+K Strategies is one of the world’s largest and most renowned communications firms, with more than 85 offices around the globe.
At H+K here in the U.S., our first priority is our people and creating an experience for each employee that is positive and fulfilling. Do you like being able to work from anywhere and in a way that is best for your life? Come join us at H+K. Do you like working for the industry’s most exciting clients and supporting headline-grabbing programs? Come join us at H+K. Do you like working with nice people? Come join us at H+K. Do you like industry-best benefits, vacation time, wellness time and parental leave? You guessed it, come join us at H+K.
Come join us at H+K. Where we believe in the power of “Being” everything that our employees need us to be – creating a work life that is all about Being Flex, Being Connected, Being Well, Being Empowered and Being Valued. And we keep innovating and evolving our employee experience based on what we hear directly from our team members, because we strive to be the absolute best place to work.
So let’s recap, what to expect if you were to work at H+K:
- Nice, passionate colleagues and a supportive work culture
- Flexible work modes program, where you can choose whether you work from home, work from the office or a mix of both – a completely hybrid, distributed work force
- Exciting clients and opps to stretch up and across to grow within the company
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing, industry-best benefits, such as
- Comprehensive and inclusive health, dental, vision and mental healthcare
- Back-up care, paid parental leave (16-week maternity leave!) and other family solutions
- Retirement savings and student loan refinancing partner options
- Insanely good vacation and wellness time off, no matter your level
- Plus, other engaging employee programming, such as
- Ally and mentorship program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Experience committees
- And, worth mentioning, frequent happy hours
Most importantly! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, H+K Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.
COME JOIN US!