Vice President Beauty/Fashion
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a confident and dynamic Vice President to join an elite embedded client team in Chicago with a focus on Consumer Brand work. In this role, you will be responsible for leading compelling consumer marketing campaigns on behalf of an influential global retail company with a commitment to flawless execution and quantifiable results.
The Communications world is often divided between advisers and doers. You must be both. You must be capable of providing C-suite executives unique insights and problem-solving guidance while still working closely with your team to develop and execute campaigns. You must be able to manage people and effectively maintain supreme client service, overseeing all administrative and financial aspects of the work. This Senior Vice President will also serve as a leader within an integrated, multidisciplinary team – reaching beyond client work, providing cross team leadership and mentorship.
By its nature, Communications is a social and persuasive activity. From strategic oversight to the day-to-day account work, you must be confident in your ability to engage and persuade challenging individuals that your advisory guidance and tactical skills are worthy of their investment.
This leader will boast a record of accomplishment and robust portfolio of work, having led consumer campaigns for large global brands with a proven earned media strategy track record and a deep understanding of storytelling in today’s evolving media and consumer engagement landscape.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Providing strategic senior leadership and counsel, generating fresh, smart ideas and leading consumer brand campaigns
- Establishing strong and trusted relationships with clients as senior advisor and true business partner
- Developing and implementing comprehensive consumer marketing campaigns across earned media, social/influencer strategy and consumer engagement
- Crafting thoughtful points of view and recommendations based on a broad understanding of consumer behavior, media relations and client landscapes
- Developing client messaging and developing compelling brand narratives to share across channels
- Driving growth by identifying opportunities to sell in additional services and programs
- Directly managing and mentoring a collaborative team of smart and enthusiastic communications professionals; ensuring deliverables are met
- Providing account oversight with a client-obsessed mindset and commitment to quality work that exceeds expectations
Attributes + Qualifications:
- 8+ years of public relations experience (combined agency + in-house; agency experience preferred); experience in retail and/or health+wellness a plus
- Strong consumer brand background and experience leading consumer campaigns for complex, global organizations
- High level consumer media relations strategy and execution experience
- Proven trusted client adviser: an active listener who builds strong partnerships and confidently offers counsel
- Strategic thinker: understands our clients’ business and communications challenges and develops smart, insight-driven strategies
- Creative spark: brings a fresh perspective to our clients and develops ideas that challenge conventions
- Growth mindset: proactively seeks opportunities to drive organic growth
- Passionate: Lives and breathes the client’s business. Understands the client’s pain points. Is an abstract thinker comfortable with ambiguity; understands the relationship between two disparate pieces of information; is curious, questions the status quo, and is and an avid consumer of information
- Operationally savvy: experienced at effectively managing multiple work streams and client budgets
- People-centric: committed to the development of team members through active coaching and mentoring
- Progressive mind-set: interested in evolving communications and the role of PR within the marketing mix; brave enough to try new approaches and adopt new technologies and willing to take calculated risks to do better and more meaningful work
- Adaptable by nature with the ability to thrive under pressure and manage a variety of client contacts and priorities
- Energy and passion to contribute to and help foster a fun, collaborative and thriving office culture
What the role can offer you:
- The ability to work for an iconic, established agency with a ‘start up’ mentality and approach to business
- The opportunity to make an impact by executing campaigns on behalf of a globally influential retail client making a positive impact on the world
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and a large, well known client brand
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills to become your professional best
- The opportunity to join the H+K leadership team representing one of the top PR firms in the country
Ready to learn more?
Please apply with your resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy,
kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.