Digital Planning + Optimisation Manager (Paid Social)
Role: Digital Planning + Optimisation Manager (Paid Social)
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a digital marketing expert to join a unique kind of department; our Innovation + Creative Hub where an uncommon blend of specialists collaborate at the heart of our agency and work across an enviable client list of global brands.
The role will be to support the on-going development of our digital media offering at the agency, where we look for opportunities to add value to our clients through paid media solutions. In particular, we’re looking for expertise and experience across paid social platforms and how the various advertising opportunities available can drive scale, engagement and growth for our clients.
The role is perfect for a digital marketing native; someone who has experience of working hands-on within the social advertising platforms – including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google. They will have a proven ability to manage the end-to end planning and optimisation process.
Working within the I+C hub, the DP+O manager will be responsible for supporting a range of clients and sectors, with a variety of objectives. They will support the Head of DP+O in the development of the digital media offering within H+K.
So if you are excited by the opportunities to refine and apply your digital marketing expertise to support global brands across an array of markets – we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for supporting our sector teams and clients throughout the end-to-end campaign management process, including:
- Proactively identifying opportunities for paid media support to add value to clients
- Receiving client briefs and understanding the central challenge/opportunity
- Understanding the role of media in the campaign and defining the strategy
- Analysing existing data and interrogating audience insight platforms to inform the plan
- Moving from strategy to planning – developing and presenting media plans, with forecasts
- Managing campaign creation and set-up process
- On-going monitoring, analysis and optimisation of campaign activity
- Reporting and campaign evaluation
- Budget reconciliation and finance management
- Identifying future opportunities
You’ll be acting as an in-house resource for digital media consultancy, developing opportunities and supporting with trouble-shooting and optimisation.
What you’ll need to get here:
- 2-3 years + of hands-on experience setting up, managing and optimising digital media campaigns for brands – particularly on paid social platforms
- Agency-side experience is preferable, but in-house experience is also valuable
- One or more industry-recognised paid social qualifications – for example, Facebook Blueprint certification or Google Ads certification
- In-depth experience across social platforms – Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube (and Google more widely)
- Any experience in other areas of digital media (programmatic, paid search, affiliates, SEO) is preferable, as is any experience in traditional media channels
- High attention to detail
- Experience delivering client service excellence
- Capability to problem solve; Have a highly numerical and analytical approach
Background to the role:
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe economic, social and political headwinds of today are stronger than ever, and we need better agility, greater resiliency and more specialised communications strategies to navigate them. The role of our clients has grown more complex, and many of the challenges they manage now overlap and intersect in unprecedented ways.
As they seek to build and protect reputation, manage risk, and deliver growth across their brand and corporations, they are looking for a new kind of partner. One that can work with them in new ways, one that understands and reflects the challenges they face… One that can empower a new era of commercial growth and value in their business.
Always in Beta. Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
We have a very clear blueprint and process to applying our creativity across our business and across our Innovation + Creative hubs. What we call Applied Creativity. As part of the process, we have clear seven-step data and insight-led process. It runs from the brief, audience mapping, the development of insights leading to an actionable cause and story arcs across different audience types (from regulatory, investor, consumer to government) and then onto the development of content + publishing strategies and iterative measurement system.
This process is applied consistently through the agency, across countries, sectors and teams; when everyone’s applying it, it becomes very powerful. Concurrent working along with a shared language and a shared approach leads to an easily shared understanding of problems and opportunities and the ability to apply creativity effectively.
In addition to our I+C hubs we also have global network of 18 Studios supporting our business with design and production expertise.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.