Public Relations Vice President, Technology/Automotive
H+K Strategies is searching for a talented public relations Vice President to co-manage a US-based team with an emphasis on retaining and expanding current business with a global automotive brand. This is a unique opportunity to grow as a communications professional and media relations specialist by crafting compelling stories for an influential brand within an expansive, global agency network. This role can be based in San Francisco, New York or Austin.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Leverage top-tier media relationships with leading national outlets to successfully generate regular coverage on behalf of our automotive client
- Work with the client regularly to find inroads to target publications and to help shape the story accordingly
- Story mine unique pitch angles and compelling narratives that successfully connect the client brand to key technology and consumer media targets
- Provide leadership support, collaboration and creativity to a dedicated PR team across geographies on all brand initiatives
- Work closely with H+K team members and key client contacts, ensuring high quality and precision on client deliverables
- Leading media relations efforts for product launches, corporate initiatives, events, strategic partnerships, programs, events and more
- Contribute creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing an influential global consumer brand within an integrated team
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree
- 8 - 10 years’ experience working in strategic communications and public relations; agency experience or in-house PR within the auto or technology industry a must
- Auto, transportation, and/or technology industry client experience
- Superb client service skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with executive client contacts
- Strong media relations/media strategy expertise with the ability to effectively identify, pitch and build relationships with journalists to secure earned media coverage
- A proven rolodex of relevant media contacts/relationships in the technology/mobility and automotive sector
- Deep understanding of trends within the target publications
- Track record of success developing and executing influencer programs; ability to build and maintain relationships with key influencers and make recommendations on influencers that align with client objectives
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail and love of the written word
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Positive, go-getter attitude with a love of collaboration and delivering results
- Passion, integrity and excitement for the H+K brand
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.