At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
We are currently seeking a General Manager to lead our dynamic Stockholm office. This role presents an exciting opportunity to serve as a senior leader within an influential, global organization. The General Manager will drive the H+K brand, lead and inspire teams of communication professionals and build a legacy by helping to grow our business in Sweden. This role will report into the Operations SVP Nordics.
Your overall responsibilities will include:
The most important contribution you can make is within the area of leadership—business leadership and talent leadership. We expect you to provide a strong management of our dynamic Stockholm team presence and strategic counsel to our C-suite clients. Deep market knowledge and public relations savvy are required to think strategically and act tactically to support H+K and its staff. The General Manager will be responsible for P&L, driving growth and evangelizing the H+K brand to attract and retain world-class talent.
As General Manager, one of your top priorities is business development. You will be responsible for actively and aggressively developing new business for the office, properly vetting leads and guiding the pitch process to convert leads into new clients. You have extensive industry knowledge and a robust network of contacts to help keep H+K on the cutting edge while growing the business.
You must have a passion for managing business and be client-obsessed and creative. You will be expected to provide strategic counsel to clients at a C-suite level and help client leaders do the same, lending the necessary time and support to help accounts realize their full potential and to ensure account profitability
The agency will grow by landing and fostering the right talent. One of your key responsibilities will be to help ensure the Stockholm office provides top-tier training, new challenges and career growth for employees, creating an environment that fosters employee retention with authenticity and transparency. You are a mentor and source of support to those reporting to you and serve as inspiration to junior staff. You invest in your team and lead by example to uphold a supreme level of client service, quality work and high-level strategic thinking in team members of all levels.
To apply to this role you should demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- 10-15 years of public relations and/or public affairs agency experience at the mid- to senior level with both agency and client-side experience
- Deep service knowledge across multiple verticals including government relations, public affairs, crisis management, public engagement and participation
- Expertise in one of the following sectors would be considered an asset: Technology, Energy + Industrials, or Government + Public Service
- Strong financial literacy, having led a significant P&L with a track record of success maintaining growth and profitability
- Experience building and managing large-scale teams, demonstrating leadership by growing and retaining talent
- Talented, client-obsessed leader able to forge strong relationships with C-Suite client contacts, allocating necessary resources and problem solving to avoid client issues
- Strong track record of success leading business development efforts; growth mindset and the ability to convert new opportunities, present with charisma and maximize opportunities for organic growth
- Industry leader with a strong base of contacts, able to serve as an ambassador and thought leader for the H+K brand
- A cultural champion with a genuine love for the people and the work
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, brand and client have a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products, and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.