PRODUCTION EDITOR – FOOTBALL
We are looking for a a versatile, creative and motivated video Production Editor to join our growing team in Riyadh.
You will conceptualise, research, pitch, film and produce and edit a range of video content for our football client from highlights to hype promo content to interviews with the leading players in Asia. Your role will also involve video output by freelance filmmakers, UGC content from contributors and in-house productions. This could range event highlights, social media edits, longer form content, promotional videos and more.
The successful candidate will need to bring fresh ideas, creative thinking, energy and a strategic mindset to developing and producing high quality, tailored content that compliments feature films, promotional videos, event highlights, social media edits and more.
Fluent Arabic & English required.
- Develop innovative video content ideas which work across broadcast, digital and social platforms, tailored to individual projects or wider client needs
- Consistently produce and shoot films with an emphasis on storytelling
- Manage multiple creative assignments in a hands-on fashion during all stages of development, from ideation through to post-production
- Develop comprehensive forward content calendars, planning ahead with the wider content team to maximise story-telling potential and audience engagement across multiple channels
- Managing resources and talents of junior editorial team members to ensure output
- Use insights gained from data and analytics colleagues to identify content opportunities and audience strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of camera equipment (from Sony FS5, Sony a7s, or similar, down to GoPros and 360 degree cameras)
- Proficient in lighting and audio techniques.
- Must have solid editing skills such as using Adobe Premiere and ability with software such (but not limited to) as Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of online/social streaming video platforms, appropriate content capture and encoding software a plus.
- Manage client feedback and deadlines, frequently in live, high-pressure environments, ensuring planned output includes approvals and final edits, and is tracked
- Independently counsel clients with confidence, maturity and professionalism on content strategies and video storytelling
- Be bold; pitch and deliver innovative content ideas to clients and develop creative solutions that boost their brand’s reputation
- Fluently and confidently discuss social and digital strategies with client
- Demonstrate/develop an understanding of earned, owned, shared and paid channels, and recommend approaches for each
- Deliver strategic senior counsel on video content, including how the content is published (channel, timing, optimization, influencer engagement)
- Ensure content is delivered on time, within budget and exceed client’s expectations in terms of results and professionalism; manage resources, review and approve client deliverables
- Draw from H+K network and industry contacts to bring in the right internal and external expertise to add value
- Curious, creative and up for a challenge
- Smart and a clear communicator
- Passionate about sport
- Friendly and positive in a team environment
- Confident in client facing situations
- Passionate and knowledgeable about editorial content
- An optimist
- Obsessive about attention to detail
- Happy to work hard and outside working hours
- A problem solver
- Able to bring out the best in your teammates
- Experienced in shooting, editing and producing engaging videos, either for news channels or for sporting / live events
- Understanding of storytelling and what makes an engaging story
- Video background with remote production experience and a killer showreel
- Knowledge of the region, culture and working practices
- Deep understanding of publishing and digital channel strategies
- A degree in film production (or relevant other qualification) and at least 5 years of experience in a relevant role
The position of Production Editor will be based in the Riyadh.
- Saudi Residency Visa
- Life insurance with medical insurance plan
- 23 days annual holidays allocated on a pro rata basis
- One annual flight to your home country to the value of 3000 AED
- Competitive salary package paid out at the end of each month in arrears
- one-way economy class ticket + assistance to ship over personal belongings