Human Resources Intern
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for a Fellow to partner with our People+Culture team on a variety of projects. In this role, your main responsibility will be to manage the onboarding process for new joiners as well as assist in a variety of other tasks. You will support the People+Culture team with your excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially. Ultimately, you will gain HR experience in a fast-paced work environment by supporting and improving all HR functions. We are looking for someone who is willing to live our values with us by being brave, curious and empowered. By embracing change, remaining true to our guiding principles, and living these core values, we will continuously innovate the future and thrive as One H+K.
We require full-time availability throughout the program for at least 6 months. This position will start remote until we return to the office.
• Schedule and prepare new hire orientations by partnering with other internal departments to ensure a successful first day
• Manage the calendaring logistics and communications with various employees to make sure our new hires have a seamless onboarding experience
• Communicate with all internal stakeholders at all levels regarding the status of new hires
• Evaluate current process and actively source new onboarding improvements as needed based on requests from team members, people managers and/or new employees
• Support the greater team for rollout of new and ongoing people programs
• Track compliance trainings and report maintenance
• Research and special projects as assigned
• Develop relationships with other fellows across the US and help plan and schedule specific events, trainings and speaker series throughout your term
• Ability to be available to new fellow hires to assist with questions and concerns as they navigate the nuances of their new role
• Undergraduate degree
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Hands on experience with HR software, like HRIS or HRMS
• PC literacy and experience with MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and remotely
• Previous teamwork skills, a true team player!
• Prior HR experience a plus
• Design skills to create department collateral