Midweight Editor / Motion Designer
Who we are:
H+K is an international public relations and integrated communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We work across 85 offices in more than 45 countries. Our London office is home to our Global Centre of Creative Strategy and enables us to create global campaigns for the whole network from right here in Clerkenwell.
Our agency combines numerous vertical sectors with deep industry knowledge and specialist expertise that works horizontally across those sectors. Our specialist expertise spans tech, entertainment, automotive + mobility, consumer packaged goods, energy and industrials, financial and professional services, food and drink and health and wellness.
In the Studio, we create ideas and bring them to life. We’re a multi-disciplined team, creating brand content for integrated marketing campaigns, brand experiences and brand identity. We currently have a team of around 25; a mix of 2D, 3D and digital designers, art directors, editors and producers; supported by a creative services team. In addition, we are supplemented by freelancers when specialist skills are needed or workload dictates.
Everyone that succeeds at H+K and The Studio enjoys the diversity of clients and projects we have and is driven to do great work that will have a positive effect on our client’s businesses.
To see: http://hkstrategies.studio take a look for a flavour of our work.
A sample of key clients in 2020 were adidas, P&G, Gillette, Spotify, GSK, SEGB, Activision, DAZN
What we’re looking for: Our agency is built on the character of the people that work here, so the spec below is just a starting point. We want you to make the role your own, and mould it to fit your personality, skills and interests.
The Editor / Motion Designer role: You will be working within the Studio team and your primary duty will be to work in postproduction, editing video content and generating motion graphics for a variety of clients and brands. The types of projects can be seen here: https://hkstrategies.studio/work/film-production/
You’ll be working closely with producers, art directors, creative directors and account management to bring a shared vision to life. You will need to be a talented video editor with an eye for great motion design, and a desire to deliver the highest standard of work. Your video editing experience should include planning and creating video content for social media, promos and brand videos. Your motion design experience should include planning and creating animated visuals, animations and motion graphics. You must possess an awareness of trends across social content channels and the ability to think creatively, be detail-orientated and have a passion for branded content and digital media.
As a part of the film and production team, you will be involved at all stages of the creative process, from interpreting the brief, assisting on mood storyboards and rough cuts, and producing motion content suitable for publication across multiple devices. Our ideal candidate is a team player but will also need to be self-sufficient. You must have at least three years proven experience in a similar, fast-paced creative environment using Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop and be comfortable working with digital video cameras like Sony A7R or Sony FS7.
– Curious, creative, inspirational and entrepreneurial – Smart, direct and a clear communicator – An optimist that’s calm under pressure – Obsessive about attention to detail – Fresh thinker who embraces challenges and new methods of working – Working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines – A multitasker
Responsibilities: – Support our talented creative team to deliver high end video and motion design content, from social media videos to production ready spots, motion graphics and animations or brand films – Take responsibility for multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest standard – Developing mood storyboards, rough cuts, motion end card, high-end case study films, mood films, animated infographics and motion typography and 3D animations – Ability to address all client notes and edits throughout the approval process – Be responsible for delivering the final product to the required specifications – Maintain proper file structure and naming conventions allowing for future edits – Shooting content alongside a producer and art director or alone – Animation: An understanding of character animation and rigging would be useful, but not essential
– At least 3 - 5 years motion design / video editing experience – Working knowledge of Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop – Excellent layout, colour, typography, illustration, storyboarding, motion design and video editing skills – Experience of other Adobe Creative Cloud applications and 3D applications like Cinema 4D would be a big advantage – Experience to deliver multiple projects whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times – Camera/shooting experience using Sony AR7 / FS7 or equivalent – Must demonstrate sophisticated aesthetic, technical skill, and knowledge of current media trends – Able to work under pressure and under deadlines, with strong follow through abilities – Solid communication skills – Ability to work cohesively as part of a team – Well organised – Detail-oriented – Self-starter
Some of the perks
Benefits for permanent employees include:
From Day 1:
– Group life assurance scheme (4 x basic salary)
– Discounted holiday travel insurance
– Discounted Dental Insurance
– WPP employee discount scheme – offers between 5% and 25% off popular brands
– Subsidised bar – offers a range of refreshments, snacks and alcoholic beverages
– Free pastries and fruit in the bar before 9 a.m. plus free tea and coffee all day
– 24/7 access to employee assistance line - Lifeworks
– Free annual eyesight test
– Access to LRG Digital Fitness Solutions
– On-site group led meditation - ‘Calmer Speaker’, ‘Better Sleep’ and ‘Stress Buster’ mini workshops
– Matched pension contributions of 1:1.5 so if you put in 4% H+K will put in employer contributions of 6% up to a maximum of 10.5% Employer Contributions. If you don’t elect to join the pension scheme from day one, you will be auto-enrolled at the three-month mark (more information will be sent to you in your first week).
6 months service:
− Interest free season ticket loan
− Comprehensive private medical care
− Health cash plan – bespoke health and wellbeing cash plan offering a wide variety of benefits including optical, dental and health screening
− Cycle to work scheme
− Talent finder’s fee – £1,500 (subject to tax, NI deductions and terms & conditions)
− Enhanced paternity leave – two weeks’ full pay
12 months + service:
– WPP Share Options (after two years’ service as at 1 July)
– Enhanced maternity and paternity scheme (after two years’ service)
– Sabbatical leave (varying leave after three years’ service)
– Career Break (up to 12 months after five years’ service)
– Key milestone anniversary award
– entitled to vouchers and an extra day’s holiday to use on your anniversary date (full amounts can be obtained from the HR team)