Senior Account Manager - Global Public Affairs
ACCOUNT MANAGER/SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - GLOBAL PUBLIC AFFAIRS, TECHNOLOGY, ENTERTAINMENT AND COMMERCE
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 2022 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 2022 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
We are now looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated individual to play an active role our existing public affairs mandates and to help support the development of our public affairs offer.
There is an opportunity to play a central role in supporting both our public affairs and corporate comms accounts by working with our senior public affairs leads and plugging in to wider agency opportunities. This position will also work with Better Impact, our sustainability and social impact team, to assist clients achieve their climate goals.
The successful candidate will have a public affairs or policy background and will have an interest in sustainability policy. Agency experience is preferred but not mandatory and we are interested in hearing from a wide range of individuals.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious public affairs practitioner to help build a specialist public affair offering in one of the industry’s top consultancies.
ATTRIBUTES + EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in public affairs, policy or campaigning
- Knowledge of the global and political trends
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines
- Strong writing and editing ability
- Ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues and to work collaboratively
- Strong day to day client handling skills
- Working with senior colleagues to deliver excellent service for our public affairs clients
- Providing policy monitoring as well as analysis and political insight
- Day-to-day management of public affairs workstreams as part of integrated communications mandates
- Helping to grow our public affairs work by proactively developing new and creative ideas for our clients
- Supporting global engagement programmes
- Project management including managing coordination with teams from all over the world
- Managing and developing the skill set of junior team members with an interest in public affairs
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to develop your career within a full-service and internationally networked communications consultancy with all the opportunities and wider benefits you would expect
- Work on, shape, and deliver huge campaigns for some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands
- The opportunity to develop your skills across sectors and areas of expertise, including global and UK public affairs, corporate advisory and corporate communications
- A fascinating integrated communications role within a dynamic and talented team
- Access to a global network of specialist communicators working with leading brands and clients
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
- Additional wellness days off for active commuting
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com