Vice President, Corporate Advisory
The Vice President, Corporate Advisory has line of sight and day-to-day responsibility for the management of consultant and account director level staff on client teams, for maintaining ongoing client relationships, as well as for supporting new business activities in partnership with colleagues across the organization. This person will work collaboratively with colleagues across our seven offices to grow both the business and the H+K team in a manner that aligns with the company’s business strategy. As a leader, the VP, Corporate Advisory will also be responsible for promoting the H+K office culture and for living our commitment to an ethical and client-centric business approach.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Providing senior level corporate communications counsel to clients in different sectors
- Serving as an expert resource to existing and potential clients on issues and crisis communications and consulting with H+K client teams across sectors.
- Leading on a senior level issues and crisis communications files.
- Developing crisis communications plans and supporting communications materials.
- Leading account teams and mentoring the core corporate advisory team members, encouraging their professional development.
- Exemplifying business acumen by growing and maintaining a well-run client portfolio.
- Demonstrating exceptional project management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ensuring the highest quality work is being delivered across all client business served by corporate advisory; facilitating sharing of best practices and training/upskilling where needed.
- Staying current on trends, insights, best practices, and competitor positioning related to corporate reputation, corporate communications, and issues and crisis communications.
- Act as an ambassador for H+K in thought leadership forums relevant to corporate advisory capabilities and for raising H+K’s profile as a differentiated and uniquely qualified leader.
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including paid time off, schedule flexibility, wellness reimbursement, and more.
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, mentoring, learning + development to help you grow, expand your skills, and become your professional best.
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative culture.
What you’ll need to get here:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Policy or other relevant field is preferred.
- At least 12 - 15 years of experience in corporate advisory in an agency and/or corporate environment with significant experience in issues + crisis management.
- Strong business acumen, and ability to counsel clients on strategic and critical issues.
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience in corporate and executive communication.
- Highly collaborative, diplomatic, ability to influence and inspire others, persuasive approach.
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.