JOB TITLE: Production Manager, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Dubai
LOCATION: Media One, Dubai Media City (with Regional assignments)
REPORT TO: Executive Producer, The Studio
CONTRACT: Full time from May 2021
We are looking for an organised and highly motivated Production Manager with experience producing TV Commercials, corporate films, documentaries and social content.
You should be used to working in a fast-paced environment, and motivated to work as part of a growing in-house Production team and with freelancers to create content that will used across traditional and digital platforms. You should be experienced managing a project from pitch to Post-production and final delivery.
You’ll be part of a close-knit team, managing requests from a team of over 100 people across the region with more than 50 potential clients, and a network of freelancers and supporting agencies. You’ll need to be a good communicator, comfortable in client facing situations, good at juggling multiple projects and tight deadlines, and able to say no constructively and positively.
Our client portfolio includes Tencent, Porsche, Instagram, Lenovo, UNHCR, AstraZeneca, VISA, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and many more world-class local and global brands. The type of work could encompass TVCs, documentaries, corporate films, event coverage and more.
The entrepreneurial atmosphere would benefit someone who can bring their own ideas that would open up new revenue streams with existing and potential clients.
Fluency in English is essential, and Arabic is beneficial.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Curious, creative and up for a challenge
- Smart and a clear communicator
- Friendly and positive with team
- Confident in client facing situations
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Film and Photography Production
- Happy to work hard and travel at short notice
- Willing to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends when required
- Previous experience in a creative agency or production house.
- Supporting /working with the creative team & client service team
- Attending brainstorms
- Taking briefs and client/ colleague feedback
- Liaising with colleagues in Dubai and GCC offices, and sharing expertise or insights with creative teams in other offices e.g. London
- Client and pitch presentations
- Hiring and briefing third party suppliers (Directors, Crew, Art Department, Styling and Editors)
- Work with client-service team to ensure projects remain on-time and on-budget
- Create and manage production schedule
- Preparing quotations and managing working budgets
- Overseeing location recce and managing freelance team to secure location permits
- Organising and overseeing casting
- Coordinating all necessary transportation and accommodation for crew for shoots
- Post-production Management and ensuring all projects are delivered as per the production schedule
- Setting up new supplier with finance team and managing supplier payments.
- Provide coaching and training for junior team members
- Creative flair: Ideas /concept generation both independently and as part of a team
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to independently manage small to mid-size projects and work as part of a team on larger productions
- Good time management skills
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving skills; thrives in high-volume, deadline-driven environment
At H+K, we strongly support an entrepreneurial approach, allowing people to find a career progression that works for their skills and the long-term benefit of the company. Development opportunities include:
- Opportunity to build the team, and bring in a junior staff once content capacity has been developed profitably
- Opportunity to develop proactive new business proposals
- Opportunity to travel to other network offices
- Ability to book in training upon agreement with line manager
- Management of team, budgets, P+L