Associate Director / Senior Associate Director - Issues + Crisis
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, re-invent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
The Specialist Services team is a group of 20 talented PR practitioners whose strength lies in their ability to work with their own clients as well as seamlessly across the full gambit of H+K Strategies’ sector clients, from Energy + Industrials, Food + Drink, Retail + Leisure, to Technology, Sport and Healthcare, providing the full range of corporate affairs and advisory services including senior counsel, corporate relations, public affairs, employee engagement diversity + inclusion, and issues and crisis support. We work with high profile clients to help them build, protect and enhance their reputations and manage their risks effectively.
This thriving practice is now entering an exciting phase of growth driven by some exciting new business wins and needs a talented senior consultant who’s ready to take a leading role to support our clients on the frontline of issues and crisis planning and response.
The right candidate will be a strategic thinker, able to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly moving environment, and curiosity and knowledge of the world we live in, the media agenda, and how this applies to our clients. Agency, big brand and cyber response experience are highly desired for the role.
The ideal candidate will have crisis communications or corporate issues/reputation management experience, gained in an agency and/or in-house environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work quickly to tight deadlines are a must.
With a solid working knowledge and experience in corporate reputation, the media, digital channels/social media platforms and interest in, and understanding of, business issues, news and politics, the successful practitioner will play a leading role in facilitating media and other training for clients.
The successful candidate will have exceptional writing and communication skills, with strong attention to detail. They will be a well-organised in client project and budget management and have the ability to develop pro-active and lasting client relationships. An eye for new business opportunities with clients and new leads is also essential, as is a proactive approach.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
The successful senior consultant will focus on clients across all sectors in the agency
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Take a leading role in developing the global and UK client crisis work, developing best practice relating to client service
- Be a trusted advisor to clients, add value to client relationships, providing high level strategic counsel
- Lead the facilitation and messaging sessions and scenario planning with senior clients
- Address and manage potential risks for clients and continue to develop crisis communication strategies and plans for immediate clients and those within the wider H+K London client roster
- Act as a representative for the division in relevant specialist forums or network groups and participate where appropriate in relevant speaker platforms
- Support development and roll-out of new tools and services
- Provide recommendations and insight to growth strategies for clients, identify new opportunities and play a proactive role in terms of proposal development, pitching and conversion
- Oversee and support the growth and development of junior team members
- Responsible for budget monitoring, revenue forecasting and planning, overseeing client budgets and fee negotiation to ensure correct level of profitability
- Facilitate crisis and media training
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
+ The opportunity to develop with of some of the best in the industry on high-profile international brands clients and campaigns centred upon performance and purpose
+ The ability to work alongside a passionate and supportive team
+ Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
+ Our dedicated training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to their clients
KEY H+K BENEFITS
+ 28 days annual leave
+ Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
+ SMART pension scheme
+ Heavily subsidised on-site bar
+ Employee discount scheme
+ Group life assurance
+ Enhanced maternity + paternity pay
+ Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
+ Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’