Project Manager/Producer – Communications Training Team
Project Manager / Producer – Communications Training Team - Hill + Knowlton Strategies - (ex. journalist preferable)
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 2022 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 2022 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
We’re looking for a highly organised, hard-working, and motivated individual to support senior leaders in the business with the launch, ongoing management and production of an exciting new client training offer at H+K London. The team delivers a huge range of training modules – designed to upskill our comms clients about the very latest innovations and trends in our industry. It also includes expert performance training like media and presentation training.
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
Pre training research and management
- The development of first draft client facing training proposals and support on wider agency new business proposals featuring training requirements.
- Proactively updating our new business tracker, reaching out to prospects (or drafting emails for lead trainers to share) to drive growth in training new business.
- Working with lead trainers to prepare materials for training sessions. For media training this will include liaising with the our sector teams to prepare background briefing documents for the lead trainers, drafting or refining interview scenarios and questions to ask the client spokesperson during a mock interview.
- Scheduling and participating in briefing calls with clients and gathering information about their training needs, then using this to help the trainers prepare for their training sessions.
- Scheduling large programmes of training with our specialist trainers and clients over the course of several months. This includes establishing and managing timetables, diary invitations, attendance trackers etc.
- The development and sharing of pre course training materials, including training workbooks and check lists.
- Where necessary, supporting the training admin coordinator with the creation of financial documents like cost estimators and IDPIFs.
Training session production
- Booking rooms / studios for training sessions.
- Booking camera crew (ideally via Studio) for training sessions.
- Supporting on coordination for complex / large training sessions in person and hybrid.
- Occasionally filming training sessions with the trainer.
Post training management:
- The development and sharing of post course training materials, including training video clips and post course notes.
- The coordination of feedback materials and forms for training and production of post course review and recommendation documents.
- The management, updating, coordination and filing or training materials centrally on our system.
- Supporting the training director with fee recs and liaison with sector teams in this regard.
- Highly organised manager capable of multi-tasking.
- Confident at managing internal and external clients.
- Self-motivated to drive projects forward.
- A strong networker – able to manage relationships well in a big and busy agency.
- A clear interest in and understanding of the PR and media industry.
- Ideally someone with experience in a newsroom.
- Ex. journalist
We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills, who is independently responsible for day-to-day workflow and resources for projects. They must be proactive, permanently on the front foot communicating and ensuring the pipeline of work goes through the department seamlessly. They must champion our training offer and contribute ideas for improvements. They are respected and continuously inspire your team through positive example.
They must build lasting and strong relationships with both internal sector teams and external clients. They are accountable for making sure everyone knows what needs doing and how long they have to do it. Time management and communication skills must be impeccable.
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
- Additional wellness days off for active commuting
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com