Director - Corporate Affairs - Energy + Industrials
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
We are currently looking for a Director to join the leadership team of our Energy + Industrials practice, one of the agency’s largest practices with a diverse, issues-rich portfolio.
This dynamic team of over 30 individuals in London is developing as a global B2B and B2C hub of excellence within the energy and industrials area, working across traditional energy, renewable energy, power and utilities, transport, logistics, manufacturing and industrial tech. The work is by definition international, though we work mainly on the UK and European aspects of communications for clients.
This is a growing practice, and one that has tripled in size in the past five years. The team is now looking for a Corporate Affairs Director to join the sector leadership team to stimulate new growth across the practice and internationally. The role will involve managing cross-discipline, multi-stakeholder campaigns, including corporate, public affairs and digital communications, to ensure the delivery of the deepest and broadest communications for clients.
This is an opportune time for an ambitious senior PR/Corporate Communications practitioner to join this award-winning team. Recent clients include: Shell, E.ON, Hitachi, Equinor, Anglo American, Oil & Gas Climate Initiative, Smart Energy Great Britain, Go Ultra Low, Ellen Macarthur Foundation, Victaulic, Uniper, DS Smith, MSC Cruises, DNV GL and the Institute of Economics and Peace.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in corporate affairs, working on issues-rich campaigns and managing day-to-day advice and delivery for clients. This individual will have a crucial role leading several important accounts within this award-winning practice.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
WORK WE ARE PROUD OF
- Leading the national conversation on energy efficiency with Smart Energy Great Britain, activating national creative campaigns to drive awareness around the rollout of smart meters in the UK.
- Supporting the Ellen McArthur Foundation with media relations campaigns around some of the world’s most pressing sustainability issues
- Activating a new brand positioning for Hitachi through a digitally-led campaign on the topic of social innovation
- Activating global thought leadership campaigns for an international trade association working at the heart of the energy transition
DESIRED RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Corporate affairs bias, preferably with some track record in government relations
- Demonstrable success and passion for communications, preferably though not necessarily around the energy, industrials, transport and mining sectors, and a curiosity for the commercial and communications challenges faced in those sectors, across all stakeholders
- Proven counsellor in the C-suite and at senior corporate affairs/marketing director levels
- Experience working with sustainability campaigns or managing sustainability-related issues is a bonus
- Dynamic and proven team leader and coach
- Agency experience is essential – with proven ability to drive new business conversion and growth through client expansion
- Digitally-savvy, with the ability to lead fully-integrated campaigns and drive content and publishing strategy development across paid, owned, earned and shared channels
- Commercially minded with a nose for profitability
- A confident team player with the ability to quickly build strong inter-team relationships, motivate and lead a bright team of talented, ambitious juniors
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Access to a global network of specialist communicators working with leading brands and clients
- The opportunity to develop under the guidance of some of the best in the industry
- Exposure to globally recognised clients and campaigns centred upon performance and purpose
- The ability to work as part of a passionate and supportive team
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Our dedicated training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to their clients
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- Employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity pay
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries