Account Director - Sport Brand (ISSUES)
Account Director- (Sports Brand) - ISSUES
(temp to perm)
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
Nowhere is this better exemplified that in our newly created adidas team sector, designed to best serve one of our largest and most high-profile clients. As its global PR agency of record, and long-standing partner to the London Newsroom, we are responsible for elevating its brand and performance category storytelling; creating, packaging and making famous the brand’s strongest moments.
ABOUT TEAM ADIDAS
H+K has worked with adidas for close to 30 years and has been behind some of its most talked about campaigns. We are the PR agency of record for adidas Sports Performance globally, the UK and US; and at the start of 2020, the adidas team at H+K was brought together into one dynamic and multi-skilled team for the first time. Work is fast paced, varied and challenging, as the team plan and activate campaigns on a global and local level. Global work is focused on planning, strategy and implementing creative PR campaigns and the UK team is focused on media relations, content creation and creative activation of campaigns. We’re looking for fresh energy and perspectives to join the team, so if you’re hard-working with a passion for sport culture and strong communications skills, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a talented, strategic, and level-headed Consultant (Account Director level), with global & issue experience to join our team.
As a key driver of issues management across the team, you will have experience in delivering excellent client counsel at pace, have a deep understanding of sports culture (via a true connection to the editorial and social agenda), and be a second to none communicator to multiple internal and external stakeholders across all levels and markets.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has delivered successful issues management for global consumer brands, supporting them to communicate with their audiences with transparency, agility and a human voice.
Work will be inspiring, varied and challenging and include:
- Experience with one of the world’s best sports brands
- Being part of a driven and ambitious team
- Management of client relationships – across all levels
- Market and client liaison
- Truly embedded across the full breadth of the brand with a direct line to stakeholders of every level
- Using data and insights to strengthen approaches and measurement of successes
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Be a confident solo decision maker, able to solve complex issues at pace
- Able to adapt tone of voice, and approach, to ensure all matters are handled sensitively and true to brand, audience and subject
- Strong client handling and leadership skills; upskilling wider team on the nuance of issues handling
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively
- Strong written skills with excellent attention to detail, particularly under pressure
- Global communications experience is a prerequisite for this role
- Please note, given the nature of this role, regular out of hours work is to be expected
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and friendly team who love their work
- First-hand experience working on a leading global sports brand, known for its innovative, creative campaigns
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Best-in-class training through our dedicated Hub facility
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential and be their authentic self. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.