Senior Consultant Public Relations
Hill + Knowlton Strategies is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our team in Toronto. We are a dynamic public relations team with a well-established but fast-growing practice that specializes in serving B2B, corporate and consumer clients. We are looking for a self-starter who will bring a great attitude, energy and passion to our strategic communications team.
Senior Consultants lead a range of communications projects in collaboration with other team members, including media relations, influencer engagement, thought leadership, social/digital community management. The successful candidate has an excellent track record of managing programs, with the ability to successfully execute integrated communications programs. The ideal candidate has experience:
- Managing the successful execution of client programs, working with team leads to manage resources and deadlines
- Acting as a client liaison, providing program updates, generating ideas and strategic counsel
- Helping oversee junior team members and delegating tasks to successfully execute client initiatives
- Ensuring client satisfaction by delivering quality work, anticipating needs and identifying potential issues as they arise
- Serving as a point of quality control, reviewing and editing written materials to ensure high quality and precision in client deliverables
- Contributing to the creation and execution of earned media and influencer strategies, including managing media relations and influencer engagement projects and building relationships with key contacts
- Supervising and contributing to campaign measurement including media monitoring, data analytics and reporting
What you’ll need to get here:
- 5-7 years’ experience in a communications role (prior agency/consulting experience an asset)
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Natural curiosity and genuine passion for storytelling
- Creative thinker and problem solver, with a can-do mindset
- An understanding of the traditional PR, social and digital program space
- Ability to recommend and lead execution of strategic PR and marketing programs
- Experience developing and executing integrated communications programs (media relations, influencer engagement, digital, community management, events, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills that can be applied across various platforms
- Strong project and budget management skills, ability to delegate and prioritize
- Knowledge of the technology, financial and professional services sectors is a plus
- High attention to detail
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
- True team player with a can-do mindset
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package
- A career working with and influencing a diverse portfolio of influential consumer brand clients
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when healthcare authorities feel that it is safe to do so.
About Hill+Knowlton Strategies
With eight offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, marketing communications, public affairs, citizen engagement, crisis, energy, technology, health care, content marketing, research and measurement, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 11 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 86 offices in more than 47 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.