Financial Professional Services- Data + Analytics Manager
Financial + Professional Services Sector
H+K is a communications agency which is structured around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of experience which spans integrated communications, corporate, public affairs, digital and social, content marketing, consumer, B2B and internal communications.
We have a great opportunity for a talented Data + Insights practitioner, who’s brimming with enthusiasm for data, insights and measurement and is full of intellectual curiosity, and an ambitious self-starter.
As a Data + Insights Manager you will be responsible for guiding your sector through the H+K Way for research and measurement. You will be responsible for supporting the sector in utilising data from multiple sources, with the ability to assess and report real insights that provide a competitive advantage for our clients.
You will be responsible for understanding the holistic Data + Analytics offer and support its application for your sector.
Financial and professional services sector
The opportunity we have is in our Financial and Professional Services team. The use of data is critical in helping financial services clients underpin campaigns and land credible narratives in the media and on owned and earned channels. Many of our clients operate in highly regulated markets putting a high price on accuracy and detail.
We’re looking for someone who can champion the use of data in our team – who loves finding the actionable insights that really make a difference to communication campaigns. You need to be inquisitive, someone who can interpret data and spot trends, with the ability to explain technical issues with clarity in a way people understand. You should have experience with desk and quantitative research (and familiar with the basics of qualitative research) and have a good understanding of web, social media marketing & analytics.
The role will have three main components:
- Working with our clients to use their data and data that we create for them to maximise creative story development – and looking for new data sets that can help in that. We’ll need you to manage research projects from start to finish, ensuring accuracy and making sure that clients understand methodology and that research is fit for purpose. This includes measuring the outputs and outcomes from media activities
- Establishing opportunities to partner with other organisations with interesting data sets to enhance our clients’ offerings
- Working as a key part of our business development effort – helping the team develop actionable insights from media intelligence, social analytics and third-party research and data
We take pride in delivering best in class work, while recognising the human element in creating the optimum environment for this. This is a high profile, high performing team within a major agency.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
To apply please upload your CV and covering email outlining why this role is of interest, your current salary, salary expectations and notice period.
SOME OF OUR CLIENTS RELEVANT TO THIS ROLE
- HSBC– Working across a number of HSBC’s flagship global campaigns including the multi award winning Expat Explorer campaign, the largest global survey of expats, across international media and social channels
- Skipton Building Society– Providing insight and advice to the personal finance provider who is leading the ISA market with an innovative new saving product aimed at young consumers
- Ford Money – an online savings provider, offering a range of fair and consistent savings products in the UK, each designed to help make money go further
- Autoglass – Autoglass is the UK’s leading glass repair and replacement company
- UK – The UK's leading retail payments authority who enable a vibrant economy by delivering best in class payment infrastructure and standards for the benefit of everyone
- DAZN – DAZN is an over-the-top subscription sports streaming service. The service carries live and on-demand streaming of events from various properties.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Take a client brief, and then make a recommendation for the best way to approach a question with data
- Be the go-to person for best practice on data analysis and reporting within the team, and the delivery of data insights to clients and sector teams on an ongoing basis
- Lead on the analysis of quarterly or yearly ‘deep dive’ reports for client teams and clients
- Demonstrate a curiosity to interrogate large amounts of data, transform it into a usable format and advise client leads in a clear language about the implications from the analysis
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of statistics and be comfortable with analytical techniques. Experience using social and digital media, especially social media monitoring tools, web analytic tools and influencer identification and measurement
- Work with the MD of Data and Analytics on the continued development of clients and service offerings throughout the business
- Work with colleagues to develop H+K’s proprietary tools for your sector
- Support the client teams and help to identify new opportunities, provide insight and direction in all new business opportunities
- Play a pro-active role in terms of new business in your sector
- Inspire and mentor junior team members and those to develop greater expertise within the team
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to be part of fun, dynamic, ambitious and growing teams within a large agency
- Play a crucial yet flexible role, shaping the thinking and direction of major projects
- The opportunity work on some hugely significant projects for some of the biggest new launches in the industry
- The opportunity to work with a truly global agency, collaborating with teams and talented individuals across the London office and in other markets
- The post holder would be able to develop their skills by learning from and working across H+K, including our behavioural science team