Account Director, Health Communications
Hill + Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is looking for an Account Director specializing in Communications to join our Health + Wellness team based in Toronto, with the flexibility to work in one of our eight offices across Canada.
We are a dynamic public relations team with a well-established but fast-growing national health practice. We are looking for a self-starter who will bring a great attitude, energy, and passion to our team. We are looking for a candidate with familiarity with health, therapeutic areas and pharmaceutical communications. Experience working in an agency setting is key, along with the ability to lead integrated accounts and effectively coach the next generation of talent.
Take your career to the next level with a global network of energized experts, working across a diverse roster of pharmaceutical, health provider, consumer health, and non-profit clients. Sensitive to the needs of health professionals, patients, policymakers, and advocates alike, our seasoned specialists have a proven track record of building awareness, changing behavior, influencing policy decisions, and driving business results through integrated campaigns leveraging traditional and digital media channels.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we deploy such values to create and offer a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential and be their authentic selves.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leading meaningful campaigns that improve the health and wellness of Canadians, whether it be an unbranded disease awareness campaign, a new product launch, or advocating for a policy change.
- Acting as the day-to-day lead on some of our largest accounts, which includes building strong client relationships, orchestrating multiple workstreams, and providing coaching to the supporting account teams.
- Overseeing and providing input into the development of campaign strategy, digital content, media materials, and client messaging.
- Managing new business proposals and representing H+K in pitch presentations.
- Delivering thoughtful insights and persuasive counsel to clients that advance their objectives based on your deep understanding of the health, communications, and client landscapes.
- Contributing creativity, passion, and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued, and rewarded.
- Mentoring and working alongside a collaborative team of smart and enthusiastic PR professionals across the country within a globally influential agency.
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package — including paid time off and extra weekends schedule flexibility, a health + wellness program, and more.
- A career working with and influencing a diverse portfolio of influential clients.
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training, and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills, and become your professional best.
- Prior public relations agency/consulting experience where you supported health and pharmaceutical/bioscience clients.
- Ability to communicate high level health related topics via impactful story telling
- Client service minded with the ability to establish, grow, and maintain strong relationships with key client contacts; able to function as a trusted resource and counselor.
- Subject matter expert with strong working knowledge of the Canadian healthcare industry and relevant media contacts.
- Strategic thinking with a curiosity about our client’s business and communications challenges to develop smart, insight-driven strategies.
- Superb writing ability with a keen eye for detail (proven ability to write content, communications plans, executive messaging, etc.).
- Understanding of ASC and PAAB requirements
- Experience leading and coaching teams.
- Passion for the health and wellness of all people across Canada.
- Collaborative approach to working with a team across different geographies and sectors/services.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, diversity, in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs' consultancy providing services to local, multinational, and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and delivers award winning campaigns and is focus on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs' expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, goverment+public sector, energy+industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial+professional services, food+drink, retail+leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill +Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ:WPPGY), one of the world's largest communications services groups.
H+K Strategies welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request from a candidate with a disability, thus ensuring you can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If as a qualified job applicant, you request an accommodation, we will consult with you and provide reasonable accommodations according to your accessibility needs. If you wish to make a request, please provide a cover letter, when applying to this position.
Statement on Diversity & Inclusivity:
H+K Strategies Canada provides services in one of the most diverse countries in the world. The diversity of our communities takes many forms. It includes differences related, amongst others to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability, and socioeconomic status. We see diversity as an asset to our organization and communities and strive to be reflective of the communities that we serve. We commit ourselves to promoting better understanding and appreciation of our human diversity; a commitment which is best realized through our individual and collective effort.
We are professionally and personally committed to celebrating the rich diversity, equity and inclusion of people who work in our company, to those who live in our communities, and to those who access our services and resources. We believe that it is critical that our services empower freedom of thought and opinion in an environment of mutual respect. All our activities and interactions are enriched by accepting each other as we are and by celebrating our uniqueness as well as our commonality. We are guided by the principle that celebrating diversity, equity and inclusion enriches and empowers the lives of all people.
Message to Agencies:
H+K Strategies Canada does not accept unsolicited telephone calls, referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. H+K Strategies Canada will not consider unsolicited telephone calls, referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to H+K Strategies Canada is not welcome. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to H+K Strategies Canada will be deemed gratuitous, and H+K Strategies Canada will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay a referral or any other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a direct candidate is subsequently hired.