Retail + Leisure- Senior Account Director
H+K Strategies is the first, large communications agency to structure itself around industry sectors. This adds deep industry knowledge to the agency’s core communications business which is supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
H+K London’s Retail + Leisure division is a passionate team of comms experts from across fashion, travel, retail and entertainment, representing some of the most exciting and innovative brands in this space. The breadth of our work is second to none: we produce Cannes-Lion winning content, create inspiring brand-building campaigns that drive preference, and lead some of the busiest press offices in the industry. We focus on helping the brands we work with create emotional connections with their audiences and tell stories that drive cultural relevance.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a talented Senior Account Director or established Account Director, with both local and global experience, to take a leading role across a range of accounts in the retail/fashion, entertainment and travel space.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, strategic and creative thinker, passionate about the sector and come with a little black book of contacts. They will be able to showcase and demonstrate their role in the delivery of impactful consumer comms + campaigns that have driven game changing results for their clients, helping move the needle for their business.
We’re also looking for excellent client servicing skills and an immaculate attention to detail. The role requires someone who is able to think on their feet and solve problems quickly, ensuring a high quality of work and establishing themselves as a trusted advisor for clients. Being able to develop a deep and broad understanding of clients’ often complex businesses is vital.
The successful candidate will also be a strategic and creative thinker, with experience in developing and / or working with meaningful cultural and audience insights and translating them into ideas big and small, from clever tactics through to strategic campaigns that drive impact.
Also essential is a proven track record in managing teams, operating as a confident leader with the ability to drive the success of your accounts through inspiring those around you.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in multiple / at least one of the following sectors: travel, entertainment and retail/fashion, ideally with leading or well-established brands
- Experience running global and / or regional (e.g. Pan European) campaigns, including the ability to come up with ideas that work across different markets and audiences, devise global / local media strategies, lead on and develop detailed toolkits and have experience in coordinating markets in a hub role
- Design and lead the delivery of strategic and creative solutions to business needs, including being well-versed in the role of data + insight gathering and analysis to inform planning and ideas
- Effective team player with the ability to work collaboratively in a high-performing team, taking responsibility for the performance and development of more junior team members
- Proficient in designing and managing delivery of executional / tactical activity and assets (e.g. content and publishing assets, events management, talent management, etc.)
- Ability to drive strong ‘earned’ approach and results, armed with media and influencer expertise and contacts to hit the ground running and coach team in this area
- Strong and persuasive communication and client service / counsel skills, with a keen attention to detail across both verbal and written comms
- Knowledgeable in social media strategy, the latest social trends and platforms and an understanding of social media content
- Strong account management skills, including preparing and managing complex budgets, understanding of measurement, team organisation, etc.
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- The chance to gain first-hand experience working with renowned international and UK brands, creating high-profile work that gets noticed
- The opportunity to experience significant learning and development, working alongside sector and specialist experts and through H+K’s own dedicated training academy: the Hub
- Working as a member of a passionate, dedicated and supportive team