Public Relations Principal (Senior Account Supervisor), Health
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a confident and dynamic healthcare Principal (Account Supervisor/Senior Account Supervisor equivalent) to join our US health team. This position will be based in our Los Angeles office. In this role, you will be responsible for providing world-class client service, managing our engagements with a diverse portfolio of health clients across pharmaceutical, bioscience, providers, hospital systems, health products and more. You will be committed to flawless implementation and quantifiable results while driving new opportunities across a range of issues.
The consulting world is often divided between advisers and doers. You must be both. You must be capable of engaging with senior executives at major healthcare companies to offer insights and problem-solving guidance, then work with a team to develop the products that enact that guidance. You must also be able to manage people and budgets effectively while serving as a leader within the firm.
By its nature, consulting is a social and persuasive activity. From the new business pitch to the day to day work, you must be confident in your ability to engage and persuade challenging individuals that your strategic guidance and tactical skills are worthy of their investment in time and money.
Candidates must have both public relations agency and healthcare sector experience, with strong to expert knowledge of the healthcare industry. The ideal candidate will possess a track record of success implementing communications programs in a highly regulated environment (experience working with a mix of large and small biopharma clients and healthcare providers), team and budget management skills, and business development experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building strong relationships with key client contacts as a client leader on priority health accounts
- Developing and executing comprehensive strategic communications and stakeholder engagement activities that support our client’s business objectives – from disease awareness to product launches
- Crafting thoughtful points of view and recommendations based on a broad understanding of the health, communications and client landscapes
- Owning earned media strategy and execution; building and maintaining effective relationships with key media contacts
- Developing campaign strategy, digital content, media materials, client messaging and thought leadership programs
- Driving growth on existing clients; identifying and securing new business opportunities
- Managing, mentoring and working alongside a collaborative team of smart and enthusiastic PR professionals across the country within a globally influential agency
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related
- 6-8 years’ public relations experience; agency experience preferred
- 4+ years of healthcare industry experience; pharmaceutical/bioscience experience a must; hospital systems/provider experience also desired
- Client service minded with the ability to establish, grow and maintain strong relationships with key client contacts; able to function as a trusted resource and counselor
- Subject matter expert with strong working knowledge of the healthcare industry, trends and relevant media contacts
- Superb writing ability with a keen eye for detail (proven ability to write content, communications plans, executive messaging, etc.)
- Strong earned media skills; track record of success developing media relations strategy, established media contacts and the ability to develop and nurture new ones
- Collaborative approach to working with a team across different geographies; positive influence capable of motivating staff to produce excellence
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Fluent in all tools of MSFT Office, with exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Passion, tenacity and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
- Digital and social media savvy
- Strong business acumen with a track record of success managing budgets, tracking utilization targets and delivering projects on time and on budget
- Business development skills; ability to recognize opportunities for organic growth; strong presentation skills with the ability to pitch with charisma and poise
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, commuter assistance and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts that include on-the-verge startups and global giants
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best