Serves clients as day-to-day relationship manager and is responsible for developing plans for multiple accounts and seeing that these plans are executed. Independently manages multiple staff members (Consultant – ACs). Able to analyze and problem-solve issues for clients and staff. In addition, manages client’s budgets and takes a more active role in responding to RFPs and doing new business presentations.
- Five - six years of agency experience or equivalent
- Possesses well-developed specialized industry knowledge plus unique communication skills in one or more of the key practice areas within H&K
- Proven experience managing a team from a financial, client delivery and staffing perspective.
- Proven ability to:
- write new business proposals
- edit documents
- present to clients
- expand client business
- develop and implement strategic communication programs
- Ability to create and manage multiple budgets, delegate multiple clients’ assignments, supervise others, work with other departments and offices
- Ability to supervise contacts with suppliers/vendors, media and consultants
- Maturity to lead independent client contact
- Proven leadership skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates independently and manages multiple accounts.
- Reviews and approves all client deliverables.
- Is rigorous and fact-based and demonstrates ability to effectively problem-solve and analyze situations.
- Leverages the knowledge of H&K colleagues to deliver high quality results.
- Assists clients in undertaking and enacting changes within their organization.
- Able to identify gaps in client accounts and works with appropriate staff to produce and implement solutions.
- Has developed a broad portfolio of industry and functional experience and knowledge to accelerate problem solving and client buy-in.
- Helps to shape strategy, development and oversees execution of programs.
- Ability to identify and react quickly when an account is at risk and respond appropriately.
- Leverages a strong network by proactively engaging clients in dialogue about business issues.
- Responsible for daily supervision of subordinates both professional and administrative.
- Is responsible for staff allocation of client work.
- Documents all performance/personnel issues and reports them to human resources and supervisor as appropriate.
- Is recognized as a strong manager from both a client and staff perspective.
- Knows the tools, proprietary insights and methodologies within H&K to best serve clients so work is not duplicated.
- Oversees monthly and/or weekly budget status reports as part of budget tracking process.
- Shows strong financial accountability by building client and colleague team commitment to achieve impact resulting in high financial returns for both the client and H&K.
- Holds self and others accountable to key financial levers: e.g., pricing, utilization, return on investment.
- Reviews monthly JSRs, approves budgets, client programs and invoices.
- Manages client budgets.
- Ensures team understands and meets account profitability goals.
- Works with financial staff to follow-up on past due invoices.
- Actively involved in business development and assumes a greater role in bringing in new business.
- Proactively identifies opportunities with existing clients to identify and uncover potential opportunities for growth beyond the scope of current assignments.
- Responsible for helping to develop new business strategies and group goals.
- Works with ADs and Ds to help clients see H&K value by assisting with closing high impact projects.
- Assists in preparing new business proposals for new and existing clients and participates in presentations.
- Demonstrates solid presentation skills, including ability to communicate and sell ideas to prospects.
- Participates in H&K training program.
- Supervises training of subordinates and leads training where appropriate.
- Continues participation in networking activities by attending a minimum of two networking activities or events per month.
- Work with ADs and Ds to help junior staff find opportunities that will challenge them and advance their careers.
- Proactively gives informal constructive feedback to subordinates on a regular and timely basis.
- Responsible for mentoring subordinates.
- Begins to identify industry and area of expertise in terms of future leadership roles and position within H&K.
- Seeks and exploits high visibility opportunities to enhance reputation by promoting the firm as appropriate, including identification of relevant outlets to publicize/promote current accounts and activities.
- Assumes greater responsibility for promoting H&K and activities within agency.
- Actively involved in process of entering office for awards (local, state and national level).
Any additional works assigned by company.