Senior Business Development Executive
THE TEAM / ROLE
Business Development sits at the heart of the H+K business. We are the central team responsible for new business, marketing and communications activities in the UK. We are also a core part of the global team and have regular touchpoints with parent company, leading marketing services group, WPP.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a smart, creative and collaborative, well-rounded Senior Executive to join our small but perfectly formed team as Senior Business Development Executive. The role will offer you the opportunity to work with the UK CEO, UK Head of Business Development and Marketing, Chief Business Development Officer and Business Development Manager to ensure alignment with the agency’s agenda and proprietary IP. You will have the chance to showcase your experience across a very wide range of disciplines, with a focus on new business and bid work.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in agency, ideally in a new business, marketing or biz dev role or within a communications agency with a proven new biz track record.
- Proven organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent writing ability – from press releases, opinion pieces to award entries.
- Interest and experience in managing events.
- Proficient in digital communications and social media strategy and execution (including SEO, google analytics, Hootsuite).
- An active interest in business and the marketing communications arenas, as well as current affairs and politics.
- Experience managing junior team members.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- A love of winning and seeing the agency progress as a direct and indirect result of your actions.
- Passionate and enthusiastic, confident and curious.
- Enthusiastic, solutions-orientated and proactive attitude.
- Self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong at multi-tasking and prioritising tasks.
- The desire and willingness to turn your hand to a broad range of tasks and clients.
- Personable and good interpersonal skills – able to interact at all levels and with different personalities.
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to sit at the heart of a large, top tier agency and play a key part in its success.
- The chance to manage a small, entrepreneurial team that is open to new ideas and allows you to develop skills across the full new business and marketing spectrum.
- The chance to work in a full-service PR and integrated communications consultancy with all the career opportunities and wider benefits you would expect of working at an agency like H+K.