Consumer Account Director - Financial & Professional Services
Account Director - Associate Director
H+K is a communications agency which is structured around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of experience. Our works spans consumer PR, corporate communications, public affairs, social media, content marketing and internal comms.
The Financial + Professional Services team has had strong growth in each of the last four years based on a successful strategy of providing clients with both the depth of expertise in financial and professional services they expect and the breadth of experience they require in multi-stakeholder, multi-channel communications. This is a high profile, high performing team within a major agency.
We are looking to hire an experienced consumer Account Director/ SAD to lead some of the Financial Services team’s big consumer facing brands. Working with the likes of HSBC, Ford Money and Skipton Building Society, we need someone confortable developing big ideas, leading ambitious client teams and proactively securing and winning new business pitches.
The successful candidate should have strong experience and a proven track record developing consumer brand campaigns for household names and a confident understanding of social media. Experience in financial services is beneficial but not essential. We are looking for someone who knows what it takes to generate standout media stories, can quickly generate ‘out of the box’ ideas and sell them in to clients, as well as having the ability to manage an ambitious and talented team.
While the immediate brief is for consumer finance accounts, as a global integrated agency we work across an incredibly diverse and always changing client portfolio, so an agile and ambitious candidate who is open for to new experiences and opportunities would be a perfect fit for our dynamic team.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Proven track record in creating and leading high-level, high-impact consumer communications campaigns, gained through experience of working with big brands
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK media and how to generate a story that will gain media cut through while delivering business messaging
- Experience working with influencers and ambassadors
- A strong track record of pitching and winning new business of a significant size and scope
- Excellent client handling skills; experience of delivering decisive counsel to very senior clients
- Recent agency experience essential
- A team player but able to lead high performing teams. Able to earn the respect of the team as well as motivate and develop
- Line Management experience
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa) and Group life assurance scheme
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries