Public Participation Professional
Hill+Knowlton Strategies' Public Participation team is looking for a Public Participation professional to play a key role in the development and delivery of public engagement programs across the country, particularly for its offices located in Quebec and Ontario. For more than 15 years, H+K has been working to advance the practice of P2 by leveraging a multidisciplinary approach, the adoption of best practices, and bringing innovation and creativity to this important work.
- Designing participation and stakeholder engagement processes that employ both online and in-person tactics, using a variety of contextually appropriate methods to achieve diversity, equity and inclusion goals
- Develop and implement communication strategies to reach, inform and mobilize target audiences using a variety of tools and channels
- Convene and facilitate meetings, workshops, stakeholder meetings and public sessions using facilitation methods adapted to the needs and context of target audiences.
- Conduct research and analysis on a variety of topics, including community and stakeholder profiles, needs, interests, perceptions, etc.
- Write various types of reports for clients and the public
- Ensure programs are implemented in a timely, cost-effective and relevant way
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with clients and stakeholders involved in the mandates
- Ensure regular communication with clients and relay information to internal team members involved in the mandates
- Participate in new business development strategies, prospecting, the development of proposals and presentations for prospective clients
- Support the organization's efforts to grow its P2 expertise and its various services through networking activities
- Contribute to the organization's efforts to continuous learning, development and innovation as an industry leader (research, reading, conferences, training, identification and integration of new participation and communication tools).
We are looking for a positive, energetic self-starter passionate about client service, who will thrive in a collaborative, diverse, and fast-paced environment. Great relationship building and problem solving skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure. Our ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English, and enjoy facilitating groups, both in person and online.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in: communication, political science, social science urban or environmental development, management or other relevant areas
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a role focused on public participation, citizen and stakeholder engagement
- Training and experience in facilitation and deliberative dialogue
- Knowledge of digital strategies and tools available to facilitate public participation
- Superior writing/editing skills with a demonstrated ability to synthesize complex content and write for a public audience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Strong project and budget management skills, ability to meet deadlines, delegate and prioritize deliverables
- Skilled at project management, working with teams, and client service