JOB TITLE: TEAM ASSISTANT: LEVEL 1
REPORT TO: ACCOUNT MANAGER
Team Assistants provide a foundation of support that enables the consultancy teams at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) to deliver and demonstrate great client work.
You will have opportunity to work across an interesting range of clients. On a day-to-day basis, you will be monitoring a broad range of online and traditional media for client coverage across, using tracking tools and search to create reports that showcase the results and success of team activity. You will be working in Excel and PowerPoint, and be confident in using both of these programmes.
As a critical member of the client team, you will be involved in regular team meetings to keep abreast of ongoing activity, news and issues, and also relied on to provide support at client and media events. The team will seek your assistance to coordinate with event vendors and suppliers during the planning stage.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Undertake daily media monitoring across print, online and social media channels.
- Coordinate the flow of information, internally, regionally or with other organisations
- Use online tools and conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the internet, newspapers, magazines, etc
- Ensure client reporting is carried out as per the respective client needs, preferences and formats
- Upload information/material onto the company drive
- Coordinate conferences, meetings, or special events
- Support reception when needed by managing the phone system
- Project a positive image of the company at all times
- Understand the structure and roles of teams in your portfolio
- Show ability to accept, understand and act on instruction from team leads
- Support the work load and activities of team assistants and interns
- Actively participate in team and client meetings in an appropriate manner
- Provide support to the H+K internship programme through the buddy role and H+K’s engagement with local universities
- Act as H+K ambassador internally and externally
- Demonstrate expertise in PowerPoint and Excel
- Build a basic understanding of H+K’s business and the MENAT network
- Make an active contribution to internal H+K team activity
- Be familiar with H+K’s social media policy and professional practices
- Be diligent in submitting expenses in a timely manner
- Identify and discuss long term career goals with Line Manager, including paths towards:
- Junior support role within client teams
- Office management/support role
- Greater responsibility on specific large clients
- Expertise in PowerPoint and Excel are vital
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset