Energy + Industrials- Account Manager
H+K is an international communications agency and was the first large agency to structure itself around industry sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge. This is supported by specialist areas including ideas, creativity, strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, to reinvent their capabilities and to set new standards in the industry.
Our Energy, Industrials, Mobility + Transport sector is one of the largest in our London agency. A 30-strong team, we work at the heart of the most fundamental issues facing business and society; from managing the energy transition to supporting the rollout of electric vehicle infrastructure; from accelerating the development of smart cities, through to ending plastic pollution and catalysing a circular economy we create compelling communications that change behaviours, secure license to operate and shape reputation.
We’re now looking to recruit an Account Manager to join our growing practice to work with leading UK and global brands. Successful candidates will have a strong grounding in public affairs, experience of corporate and/or B2B communications, and will have a passion for writing. You’ll have experience being part of account teams with multiple workstreams, and will have played a role in managing team deadlines, workflow and agency delivery.
Experience in the energy, manufacturing, transport, technology or infrastructure sectors is ideal but not essential. The new hire will be an adept storyteller who will complement the team’s values by being ambitious, creative, kind and supportive.
Recent and current clients include: Shell, Hitachi, Oil & Gas Climate Initiative, Smart Energy GB, Amcor, DS Smith, Net Zero Teesside, Honda, Ellen Macarthur Foundation, Uniper, DNV GL and the Institute of Economics and Peace.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO….
- Is interested in the energy and industrials sector and how these sectors will shape the future of business and society
- Demonstrates passion for, and a strong understanding of, politics and how policy gets made
- Has an interest in, and a developing understanding of, how the wider policy and stakeholder environment around issues like climate change, regulation and sustainability can impact our clients’ operating environment
- Has experience coordinating, managing and undertaking political monitoring, policy analysis, stakeholder mapping, and political engagement
- Is a master storyteller with a passion for writing, who knows how to flex their style for different clients, audiences and channels
- Has previous experience working with B2B brands and an understanding of the trade and national media landscape
- Has attention to detail and appreciation of tight deadlines, and can prioritise and manage time effectively
- Has strong organisational skills and ability to manage workloads, suppliers and other third parties
WORK WE ARE PROUD OF
- Supporting Hitachi as they develop new positioning around climate innovation through their sponsorship of COP26
- Developing and launching Net Zero Teesside, the UK’s most significant carbon, capture, utilisation and storage project
- Activating global thought leadership campaigns for an international trade association working at the heart of the energy transition
- Leading the national conversation on energy efficiency with Smart Energy GB, activating national creative campaigns to drive awareness around the rollout of smart meters in the UK
- Supporting the Ellen McArthur Foundation with media relations campaigns around some of the world’s most pressing sustainability issues
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies with a global network of specialist communicators working with leading brands and clients
- The opportunity to hone your skills across strategic consultancy, brand campaigns, paid and organic digital and social media, media relations, and content generation
- Breadth of learning opportunities working across the H+K business with our experts in areas such as consumer brands, internal comms, crisis + issues management, behavioural science and digital and content production
- Be part of a close-knit, highly motivated team, where culture matters, creativity is encouraged, and engagement and cooperation are common values
- Our dedicated, industry-leading training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity pay
- Subsidised on-site bar
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
H+K is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and we always consider flexible working arrangements.