Public Relations Group Coordinator
Group Coordinator, Public Affairs – Vancouver
Hill+Knowlton Strategies the nation’s leading strategic communications consultancy is looking for a highly organized, experienced, and professional Group Coordinator to provide administrative services and support for our integrated communications and public affairs team in the Vancouver Office.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for eleven consecutive years, our employees work in a collegial and fast-paced environment. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of top talent and to share your professional life with others who are committed to being the best. Hill+Knowlton offers exciting work opportunities, a robust professional development program, and competitive compensation and benefits.
At Hill+Knowlton, we are leaders who develop the leaders of the future. Our many success stories prove how much our staff love working at H+K and illustrate the fact that working at H+K is a tremendous career opportunity.
- Prepare and proof-read documents (contracts, presentations, proposals etc.) using standard formats
- Format graphics and PowerPoint documents and other presentation materials
- Maintain databases as required, to organize and maintain files (electronic and hard copy)
- Schedule and set up for meetings, organize conference calls, manage electronic and hardcopy mail, and execute a variety of other office administration functions
- Assist with processing of vendor invoices, client billings, senior team expense claims and other accounting matters
- Work with the team on a variety of client tasks including monitoring of legislative proceedings, social media and media scans
- Help develop and execute on a variety of social media, digital tasks for our clients
- Assist in the organization and execution of agency or client events
- Set up and troubleshoot networked IT resources (e.g. printers, video conference software) to meet team members’ needs to complete daily tasks efficiently; use informed judgement to escalate technical problems and monitor IT requests when necessary
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, or similarly applicable role.
- Possess a clear understanding of the British Columbia public affairs and government landscape
- Excellent document and presentation development, formatting and production skills (using MS Office PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent attention/commitment to accuracy, detail and quality
- Knowledge of digital communication tools and social media proficiency
- Graphic design skills is considered an asset
- Possess strong time management skills, meet deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment, and work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work proactively, taking ownership of areas of responsibility
- Flexibility with regard to working hours in order to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to practice discretion and deal with difficult personalities in a tactful and effective manner
- Client service, communications, business, or political experience is considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- New business commission potential and employee referral bonus
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton is committed to providing career opportunities in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, due to a disability, please reach out to your recruiter.
With nine offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, public affairs, marketing communications, crisis, energy, technology, health care, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 11 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 86 offices in 47 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.