SPORTS CAMPAIGN MANAGER – MIDDLE EAST NEWROOM
JOB TITLE: SPORTS CAMPAIGN MANAGER – MIDDLE EAST NEWROOM
REPORT TO: SPORTS CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR – MIDDLE EAST NEWROOM
Do you live and breathe for sport, entertainment and culture? Do you have a deep passion for developing creative content that engages, inspires and motivates audiences?
If you love sports and believe its power to transform lives, have a deep understanding of the Middle East region and its emerging role in global sports, then we want to hear from you.
H+K Strategies sits at the very heart of one of the most exciting and groundbreaking transformations in the history of sport and entertainment. As a result, we are developing a newsroom hub to bring together world-class talents from creative and communication agencies, journalism, content and publishing, graphics + design, videography + production, data + insights and media buying.
Currently our work sees us manage an unrivalled portfolio of global brands, prestigious international events and high-profile federations with global ambitions. Everything from taking the region’s strongest football league to the world, selling-out world championship events, promoting Olympic athletes, introducing futuristic motorsport series, all the way through to managing headline music festivals. To support our mission and serve our clients with future communications, we are seeking a number of passionate, proactive and organized professionals at all levels to join our rapidly growing practice as part of a collaborative newsroom.
Sports Campaign Managers at H+K manage projects within the newsroom function. You will be a role model for your team and a ‘trusted consultant’ to your clients running the key client activities as well as developing partnerships with government authorities, sports, event companies and organizing bodies.
The role requires mobility and flexibility to. The successful candidate can expect to support a live event press office functions alongside other major event and global brand work.
At this level, you have the experience and autonomy to independently lead a portfolio of clients, manage the newsroom function and it’s disciplines from content production to design and data, direct project campaigns and devise publishing channel strategies (traditional and social; earned, owned, shared and paid).
At this level, you need to demonstrate emerging management skills, be confident managing the newsroom function and it’s disciplines from content production to design and data, direct project campaigns and devise publishing channel strategies (traditional and social; earned, owned, shared and paid).
You will be the client’s first port of call for daily updates, advice and knowledge, through which you should aim to transition in perception from an implementer to ‘trusted consultant’ status.
Your responsibility includes team allocation to tasks, delivery to deadlines, maintaining a close eye on quality control and keeping the client fully up-to-date on activity.
Your creativity has ample chance to shine as you look for opportunities to grow trust, and deliver award-winning sport work as part of our global network of experts.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Manage multiple accounts independently and effectively own mid-level relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Independently prepare for, drive and manage follow up to regular client meetings
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and interest in client business/es and sector/s, including influencer, audience and stakeholder insight
- Keep abreast of current affairs, industry issues and trends, relating them to client situations
- Demonstrate creative and strategic thinking through development of integrated creative campaigns
- Be passionate for storytelling, and proactively shape and pitch compelling creative – but strategically relevant – content ideas for clients
- Take an active role in the account planning process from concept to developing a written project proposal and pitching to client; seek opportunities to cross-sell ideas or partnership opportunities across clients
- Demonstrate the ability to take a creative idea across all channels; earned, owned, shared and paid
- Lead key media, influencer and stakeholder relationships on behalf of your client/s and offer counsel on such relations to clients and colleagues
- Be confident in building the digital element into strategy, planning and execution; including mentoring teams and advising clients on community management and influencer engagement
- Demonstrate ability to brief and support H+K teams in delivery of creative content across media including design, photography and video
- Continue development of language skills for Arabic consultants; including expertise in originating core content for different platforms, localising materials to the Arabic language and audience, and working with the translation team to improve client-ready content
- Showcase strong and compelling presentation skills
- Maintain a high standard of writing, both personally and among junior team, by displaying/facilitating sharp editing skills and coaching individuals
- Manage quality control and ensures client approvals are obtained on all appropriate activities
- Effectively build relationships and serve as client liaison across H+K network teams to deliver consistently high-quality work across geographies
- Maintain and grow media and influencer relationships, actively introduce colleagues and clients to influential contacts
- Provide day-to-day supervision of SAEs, AEs, Team Assistants and interns
- Manage and motivate the team, coach/train junior members of staff, contribute to the internal training programme and ensure individuals have the right skills for the team to work together effectively
- Provide fair and real-time feedback, and encourage improved performance in others
- Delegate effectively and know when to escalate issues to senior team members
- Act as a H+K ambassador internally and externally
- Be accountable to the team and clients by managing time effectively, meeting deadlines, paying attention to detail
- Display knowledge and understanding of client contract and be responsible for management of monthly deliverables and activity reports
- Demonstrate financial accountability, beginning to take responsibility for managing client budgets, resourcing, invoicing and debt
- Be aware of H+K’s offer, additional services, MENAT and global network; and be able to clearly articulate H+K’s positioning narrative
- Contribute to the external marketing activity of H+K Strategies
- Identify incremental business opportunities on existing accounts
- Play an active role in new business; assist in preparation of new business proposals, take an initial brief for small/mid-sized new business opportunities and participate in presentations
- Build a strong professional network, expanding media, influencer and industry contacts
- Demonstrate emerging leadership skills
- Be familiar with H+Ks social media policy and professional practices
- Complete Maconomy time sheets on a weekly basis - mandatory
- Establish sector or discipline focus and develop professional reputation in this area
- Elevate level of client relationships; independently lead strategy, planning and management of client activity and teams
- Increase understanding of business finances and take greater responsibility for profitability on accounts
- Grow involvement and role in business development activity
- Develop a coaching/mentoring approach to junior colleagues
- Identify and discuss long term career goals with Line Manager
- Develop presence/gravitas and demonstrate professional behaviour at all times
- Complete mandatory training courses for progression to next level:
- Octave (ALL levels)
- Sherlock+ (ALL levels)
- Finance: revenue, profit and resourcing
- Basic negotiation skills
- H+K’s 3Ps pitch narrative
- Ideas@Work Coaching and Mentoring
- Media training (support role)
- Messaging (support role)
- University degree
- 5++ years agency experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation and planning capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset
The position of Manager will be based in the Middle East, depending whether the client opportunity exists on the ground. Benefits include;
- Saudi Residency Visa
- Life insurance with medical insurance plan
- 24 days annual holidays allocated on a pro rata basis
- One annual flight to your home country to the value of 3000 AED
- Competitive salary package paid out at the end of each month in arrears
- One-way economy class ticket + assistance to ship over personal belongings