Director, Talent Acquisition and Engagement, Americas
The Director of Talent Acquisition and Engagement is a key member of the global People + Culture team, reporting directly to the Global Chief People + Culture Officer / CHRO. This pivotal role will be vital in positioning H+K as sought-after employer within the communications / public relations space – and beyond – while we embark on an aggressive and strategic growth agenda within The Americas and globally.
In this newly revised role, the Director of Talent Acquisition and Engagement will drive best practices in creating a world-class candidate experience through talent acquisition, sourcing, attraction, recruiting, and interviewing / assessment practices. You will develop and share talent management strategies and solutions aligned with business priorities, partnering with senior firm leaders, hiring managers, and interviewers. In addition, you will play a key role in H+K’s global diversity program, including embedding our diversity and inclusion priorities within talent acquisition and management strategies and solutions.
You will act as a player-coach, carrying full lifecycle recruiting responsibilities for senior candidates across multiple geographies within H+K, while coaching and managing the Recruiting team in North America on both experienced professional and a robust and growing campus recruiting program. You will further share and track best practices with other recruiting colleagues across the globe, regularly convening and mentoring our up and coming talent.
You are a brand ambassador, a developer and a source of inspiration for those around you. An expert in your field, who believes that collaboration and data-driven insights are the fuel to build a world-class talent organization. You will lead initiatives that develop and foster an open and inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains talent.
This role is located in New York, NY.
- Design and develop talent acquisition strategies for H+K, including the development and execution of innovative and cost-effective recruiting plans and activities.
- Continue to build, mentor and align / structure the Talent Acquisition team to ensure proper resourcing of the function.
- Work with P&C team and business leaders to identify talent needs, prioritize those needs and implement effective solutions. Assess, on an on-going basis, the businesses’ needs and competencies required to fill upcoming openings. Work with P&C and business managers to ensure workforce planning is aligned with needs. Partner closely with P&C leaders on effective usage and implementation of the various talent acquisition programs.
- Develop, improve and champion the company’s talent acquisition, selection and talent management processes, policies and tools. Support their effective execution, compliance and quality results.
- Manage relationships with key vendors such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor and beyond. Provide and carry out a strategic point of view in developing best in class strategies that will tell the story of H+K.
- Oversee the development and refinement of H+K’s Careers page
- Manage the internal job board for H+K globally, developing best practices and policies around internal mobility.
- Support recruiting efforts by ensuring the appropriate education, training and/or tools are provided in a timely and efficient manner. Organize, design and deliver Talent Acquisition training to support the rollout and sustainment of initiatives and programs.
- Understand market conditions for targeted talent pools and prepare distinct and effective recruiting approaches to attract the best talent. Facilitate the development of pipeline talent for hard to fill positions. Provide talent acquisition support to specific disciplines to assist with key staffing projects and challenges.
- Keep abreast of best in class recruitment practices and implement as appropriate. Look to challenge traditional recruitment thinking and find opportunities to include candidates from non-traditional sources.
- Develop Talent Acquisition scorecard and metrics to monitor and communicate progress.
- In partnership with P&C and senior colleagues, establish and implement a comprehensive competency assessment process and related career progression models to support leadership, management and employee development and to foster an environment of internal mobility.
- Use data to help the business identify specific opportunities, gaps, and challenges that are relevant to building strong, diverse teams. Measure the effectiveness of talent strategies and programs that create and promote a diverse and engaged workforce.
- Develop and maintain a professional network of D&I resources and leading experts in the field (e.g., professional associations, organizations, educational groups, etc.)
- Partner with other members of the global P&C team on implementing our global ATS and using the platform to its fullest capabilities.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in talent acquisition and/or talent management in service-oriented organizations
- Demonstrated experience building teams and organizational capability
- Previous experience in the creation and implementation of organization-wide process and programs
- Demonstrated ability to influence and engage business partners and gain support for solutions to talent challenges
- Ability to use metrics and data analysis to identify and resolve issues
- Knowledge of contemporary talent acquisition technologies and systems
- A collaborative, collegial and spirited thought partner
- Proven ability to solve problems
- A thirst for what’s next – always looking for what’s next and how to improve and build.