Senior Director, Influencer Marketing
Hill + Knowlton Strategies is looking for Senior Director, Influencer Marketing to join our team in Toronto. The successful candidate would work hand in hand with senior leaders to strengthen our influencer practice and ensure Hill + Knowlton is a destination for innovative, creative and powerful influencer campaigns.
This leadership role would work hand in hand with our Lead of Content and Publishing to strengthen the practice, lead a team and create powerful, award-winning influencer campaigns that pioneer the new world of public relations.
Influencer marketing is a core to the future of our business, and we are seeking someone who is as passionate about this world as we are and will help us take it to the next level. Most importantly, we want somebody who is bold and creative, who thinks not only about what works today, but what works tomorrow. Candidates must be team players and have “can-do” mindset. They must also live and breathe the world of influencers, social content, and online communities. As an integrated role, teamwork and collaboration will be pivotal in the candidate’s success. Lastly, this candidate will be entrepreneurial and have the skills to help lead a practice within the agency.
- Lead planning alongside VP, Content+Publishing (C+P) on all major new business and top client strategies, particularly focused on building, creative, innovative influencer strategies and executions.
- Lead a team of influencer strategists and specialists to deliver to ideate and oversee execution of multi-platform influencer programs leveraging trends and data driven insights
- Work alongside our Lead of C+P to build best practices and be a visible and dynamic voice for thinking differently about how we approach client problems, by providing an influencer perspective on traditional public relations programs i.e. media relations, events.
- Improve systems and processes to oversee the identification, outreach, negotiation, project management and measurement of influencer programs.
- Keep on top of emerging social trends, platforms, technologies and influencers in the Canadian market.
- Educates and shares knowledge with the agency on trends and best practices.
- Be visible in the industry, actively engaging in forums around influencers, content and the future of public relations.
- Full health benefits package—including paid time off, schedule flexibility, wellness reimbursement, and more
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, mentoring, learning + development to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- Access to best practices across H+K and WPP global agency structure.
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative culture
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in Influencer or Content Marketing
- An established voice and footprint in the industry
- Proven new business expertise and success
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Clear understanding of the influencer marketing landscape, the importance and role of influencer marketing and best practices
- Experience in managing teams and building best practices and process
- Understand insights and metrics from various social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain relationships with key influencers
- Experience negotiating partnership agreements and existing relationships Canadian influencers
- Experience managing influencer programs from start to finish
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.