Senior Account Executive
Mobility + Transportation Communications, Senior Account Executive
Hill+Knowlton Strategies has an immediate need for Senior Account Executive to support its growing U.S. Mobility + Transportation (M+T) practice. This is an amazing opportunity to work with companies that are and implementing some of the world’s most innovative new technologies. You will have the opportunity to grow as a communications professional within a global network of subject matter experts and experience and learn a full spectrum of communications skills, working in a fully integrated manner with our content and publishing experts, data and analytics teams, public affairs experts, crisis counselors, and other specialists.
What you’ll be doing:
· Planning and executing strategic executive communications programs that connect to culture and often inspire positive social change
· Leveraging top-tier media relationships to drive successful earned media outcomes for clients
· Exercising creativity in account strategy and planning
· Providing clients with proactive and informed recommendations based on a true understanding of, and changes within, the media landscape
· Using data and analytics to report results and insights that are valuable to the client and key executives
· Developing and maintaining strong relationships with client contacts
· Proactively identifying and developing story angles or new ideas
· Contributing superb writing abilities and developing materials that articulate and promote our client’s initiatives and programs
· Generating fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that parallel client objectives
· Working closely with H+K team members and key client contacts across multiple projects at the same time, ensuring high quality and precision on client deliverables
· Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded.
What you’ll need to get here:
· Undergraduate degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or related
· 2-4 years of PR agency/in-house experience in the mobility and transportation space; agency experience preferred
· Strategic thinker with a growing interest in delivering excellent client service
· Articulate, poised, organized, excellent attention to detail and ability to think quickly
· Great communication skills
· Superior writing skills (i.e., ability to write pitch letters, press releases, social media content)
· Excellent research skills (i.e. ability to identify, research and document topics related to client needs)
· Digital & social media savvy
· Ability to manage multiple projects with quality and efficiency
· Professional and polished demeanor
What the role can offer you:
· Strong leadership opportunities with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, learning and development, and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
· Exercising creativity in communications strategy and planning
· A career working with bold, creative teams and well-known client brands
You will have the opportunity to:
· Work alongside senior colleagues to manage the day-to-day activities for some of our sector’s key clients
· Handle integrated storytelling across paid, earned, owned and shared channels.
· Execute strategic and proactive media relations with an array of national, regional, and local media, with an emphasis on California print, broadcast, and online outlets and California-based journalists for national and trade media.
· Generate fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that support client objectives
· Assist in the development of client messaging and positioning for corporate and executive thought leadership programs
· Develop crisp and compelling written materials that articulate and promote our client’s initiatives and programs
Competitive benefits package - including healthy vacation policy, wellness time, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule and location flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and birthday day off
Ready for your next chapter? If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your resume, cover letter salary expectations. About Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international communication company with over 85 offices in 40 countries around the world. We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry