Public Relations Account Manager
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a confident and dynamic Public Relations Account Manager to join our energy team in Texas, with an emphasis on power & renewable client initiatives. This person will be responsible for supporting public relations & communications efforts for influential clients who are committed to flawless execution and quantifiable results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and editing communications materials including talking points, press releases, white papers, op-eds and other content on behalf of clients
- Assisting in the execution of earned media strategy; leveraging/ building media lists and developing relationships with key media contacts to earn placements
- Contributing fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that parallel our client objectives
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
- Bringing your expertise in energy/power/renewables to communicate local and global clean energy initiatives
- Providing financial communications, investor relations and environmental, social & governance support
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- At least 6 years of public relations experience
- Extensive energy industry knowledge, especially power & renewables, with relevant media contacts
- Financial communications experience also preferred
- Experience pitching media and crafting media strategy
- Superb writing and editing skills (proven ability to write and edit press releases, plans, op-eds, talking points, social media content, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with AP style guidelines
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and client deliverables
- High level of comfort communicating with clients
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Entrepreneurial, business-minded outlook and a strong desire to work for the best energy practice in the country
- Positive attitude and deadline-oriented
What the role can offer you:
- The ability to work for an iconic, established agency with a ‘start up’ mentality and approach to business.
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, commuter assistance and more.
- A career working with bold, creative teams and well-known client brands
- New business commission potential and employee referral bonus
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills to become your professional best
The velocity of change in Communications is exhilarating. At H+K, our success has always come from our ability meet change with a depth and breadth of expertise unmatched in the industry. We are client obsessed, always evolving to meet the demands of our client business, empowering our colleagues to do things differently, and welcoming innovative ideas and solutions. We are connected as one, no matter where we operate in the world
H+K serves a wide portfolio of brands and businesses across a variety of sectors. This fast paced and ambitious team delivers award winning work for some of the world’s most iconic and disruptive brands. No matter the client or the sector, we challenge ourselves to create campaigns and content that cuts through and creates tangible impact.
We believe the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today. Each day, more than 2000 of the smartest, most innovative and collaborative people in the world come to work at Hill +Knowlton Strategies. We invite you to join us!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.