Public Relations Senior Account Manager, Consumer
Expert storytelling. Diversity of perspective. Authenticity. Results. The H+K Strategies New York team is a family of smart, social, strategic communications professionals. Our Consumer public relations Team is looking for a rock-star Senior Account Manager with strong consumer brand experience to join our group. This is an opportunity to grow within a global network of energized experts, working across an exciting and diverse portfolio of brands.
Candidates must have experience either leading or playing a key role on consumer client accounts, with a proven media relations track record and a strong understanding of storytelling in today's evolving media and consumer engagement landscape.
The ideal candidate needs experience working on and managing integrated marketing programs for global consumer brands and is a creative yet strategic thinker demonstrating enthusiasm and energy, an appetite to learn and be challenged, and a solid base skill set of writing, organization, account and team management. This is an opportunity serve as the day-to-day client contact, manage junior members of the team and be part of a highly collaborative group.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton New York +YOU, together.
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or related
- 5-7 years of PR agency/in-house experience in the consumer/hospitality/lifestyle spaces; integrated marketing experience a plus
- Proficient in media relations strategy and outreach; has strong top-tier media contacts
- Proficiency with leveraging digital/social media as a core component of an integrated communications program
- Articulate, poised, personable, and quick on your feet
- Ability to drive creativity, execute programs, and manage the client process
- Superior writing skills
- Organized, detail oriented, problem solver, energetic
- Budget and junior team management experience
- Comfortable with presenting to clients; detail oriented; problem solver; energetic; professional and polished demeanor
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, commuter assistance and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts that include on-the-verge startups and global giants
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative team culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best