Vice President/Senior Vice President, Travel + Tourism
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a talented Vice President or Senior Vice President to lead key consumer client engagements with a focus on travel and tourism.
The VP/SVP is responsible for leading strategic consumer marketing and corporate communications efforts in support of our clients’ business objectives. The key areas of focus include marcomms, reputation building, risk mitigation, community outreach, and comprehensive issues management. Candidate will have 8-10 years’ experience with a record of achievement in driving consumer awareness, reputation and mitigating risk for corporations and destinations in the US, Mexico and Caribbean. Candidate must have strong social, digital and earned media skills, and strong relationships with industry influencers.
- Leadership: Act as the senior leader on multiple entertainment and destination accounts
- Business Integration: Work closely with clients at all levels in the client’s organization, as well as with community leaders, Boards, hoteliers, restaurants and influencers. to develop and execute effective marcomms and corporate communications strategies and programs that enable clients to achieve business objectives.
- Issues Management: Ensure clients can ‘see around corners’ mitigating risk and can respond to issues as they arise. This includes monitoring, assessing, prioritizing, and addressing industry and client challenges and risks. Elevate emerging issues where appropriate.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Establish and drive relationships with influencers in support of client business objectives. Create strategic plans for influencer engagement as well activate and manage influencer networks on behalf of clients.
- Communication: Work effectively with agency leadership to advance the agency’s business goals. Patriciate in and in some cases, lead new business
- Proven experience in developing and executing effective stakeholder engagement and corporate communications programs.
- Proven ability to set clear objectives and drive work resulting in desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to generate creative and big ideas and solutions for opportunities, present to clients, and then execute plan as described.
- Ability to anticipate trends and issues in business and society that can positively or negatively affect clients’ reputation.
- Proven commitment to leading people and work in a way that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent written communication skills; excellent verbal skills, including presentation delivery, speaking to Boards, meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, networking, relationship-building, negotiating, and influencing abilities.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and decision-making skills.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Demonstrated project management, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under fast paced, multi-tasked and deadline driven environments.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Cruise, tourism or entertainment industry experience.
- Creative abilities and strong US, Caribbean, South America destination knowledge.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.