Junior Digital Planning Strategist
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Our business combines 10 verticals focused on deep industry knowledge with several specialist areas that work horizontally across those sectors. Our specialist areas work together in seven Innovation + Creative Hubs around the world.
We would like to appoint a Junior Digital Planning Strategist to become an accelerant and further catalyst for development of our Digital Planning + Optimization team in the US, being part of the team that builds a key area of the business.
Digital Planning Strategist, Digital Planning + Optimization
The Digital marketplace is a constantly evolving ecosystem and so is our Digital Planning + Optimization team here at H+K. We have seen incredibly success in the past 18 months due to our focus on agility, cross-team integrations and communications-led media planning and are now looking for a new team member to help us ensure we are truly paying off on the “optimization” aspect of our team’s namesake.
We are looking for someone who is willing to partner with the H+K Digital Planning + Optimization team members and dive into each of our primary buying platforms to help manage campaigns, optimize them for ideal performance against our clients KPI’s and identify new placement or creative opportunities. This person will have “hands-on-keyboard” access to an in-house programmatic DSP, social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest and Linkedin as well as Google Search and Youtube platforms.
Ultimately, this person will have the opportunity to define how we optimize our campaigns and learn Digital planning across dozens of clients and client verticals. This position will also work hand in hand with our Content + Publishing Strategy, Earned Media, Studio and Creative Strategy teams. As an integrated role, teamwork and collaboration will be pivotal in the candidate’s success.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Paid Social, Search or “hands-on-keyboard” Programmatic media planning and buying.
- An interest in learning the ins and outs of the digital ecosystem and a desire to continuously learn new skills.
- Experience managing paid social, search, or programmatic campaigns.
- An understanding of insights and metrics from various social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- Experience managing finance, billing, and accounting to ensure campaigns are meeting planned spends and invoices are properly accounted for.
- Strong analytical skills: proficient in analyzing and interpreting data from third-party platforms and have experience using the appropriate tools and methodologies to measure impact of campaigns.
- Additionally, you will promise to never send a client a report with the first bullet point like: “The campaign delivered 1,000,000 impressions, 1,000 clicks for a CTR of .10%.”
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to interface with several various stakeholders across the agency and other internal teams as well as third party vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain relationships with platform partners.
- Certifications in one of the primary social, search or programmatic platforms are a plus.
- Experience in ad serving technologies such as Sizmek/DCM is a plus.
- Ongoing cultivation and optimization for H+K programmatic, social and search campaigns.
- Working together with Digital Planning + Optimization team members to understand campaign objectives and ensure that campaigns are set up for success in platform through campaign builds, ad trafficking and conversion tracking setup.
- After fully trained within the H+K DSP platform, responsible for in-platform optimizations for programmatic campaigns across CTV, Native, Display, Pre-Roll and PMP deals.
- Work with the VP, Digital Planning + Optimization to develop, define and maintain a more robust ad operations process.
- Keep on top of emerging trends, platforms, technologies and vendors in the US and Global Market.
- Partner with Finance and Planners to ensure all invoices are properly accounted for each month.
- Work with planners to generate campaign reporting, insights, and recommendations for optimizations.
- Wherever possible, utilize tools such as Google Data Studio for the creation of dynamic reporting to be used across clients.
- Compiling and formatting data for ongoing reporting for client paid media campaigns and working alongside planners to generate actionable insights.
- Educates and shares knowledge with teams on trends and best practices.
- Responsibility breakout: Optimizations + Reporting (75%), Finance (15%) and Process/Ad Technology (10%)