As a Creative Strategist at H+K, you will be required to think differently in order to challenge, interrogate and frame the goals and objectives of a client’s brief. You will be required to prepare thoughtful and insightful proposals, working across multiple projects and clients simultaneously. You will be required to be diligent, thorough, data-led in your approach and a real believer in the power of creativity.
You will be part leader and part do-er, an experienced and influential collaborator with the responsibility of ensuring that execution supports the strategy elements. Your role will sit between Data & Measurement and The Studio. You will need to be a creative thinker who blends science with art and has 8-10 years experience in the agency world of communications.
· Assess strategic problems, develop insights, trends, recommendations and strategic direction and platforms for clients. You will have a working knowledge of research methodologies such as quant, qual, behavioral sciences and have a continued curiosity to turn over every rock to dig-up insights!
· Create strategies and innovative platforms that are driven by robust-rationale and lead to outcome-based communication solutions, rich in impact and creativity
· Be accountable for writing concise and inspiring creative briefs that fuel the thinking for the studio and broader H+K team
· Provide senior counsel to clients and recommendations on the best channels/communities/types of content for specific briefs, whilst championing creativity throughout
· Facilitate strategic discussions and idea generation both internally and with clients
· Develop creative ideas and problem-solving solutions when no-one else is around
· Display skills in proposal writing, and bringing ideas to life with the ability to adapt to a client’s individual requirements
· Champion the H+K planning framework and share expertise in the art of creative strategy along the way
· Identify critical issues, trends and opportunities for our diverse client base
· Help clients develop their knowledge of H+K’s offering, capabilities and network
· Collaborate and consult closely the Studio’s creative and production teams regarding their output, client projects, new business, etc.
· Ensure all projects and campaigns are concluded with a conclusive and detailed case study, ensuring the outcomes of campaigns are a core part of your responsibility.
· Share knowledge and learnings within the agency, continuously focusing efforts on developing and elevating the skills and capabilities of the agency as a whole
· Instil excellence in client satisfaction and servicing within the team, leading by example and encouraging positive relationship building with clients
· Provide creative and strategic recommendations to growth plans for clients, identify new opportunities
· Sell creative strategy as a billable service to new and existing clients
· Ensure our creative work is more easily bought by ensuring it is on strategy and will deliver the objectives
· Play a pro-active role in terms of proposal development, pitching and conversion.
· Lead and present in new business pitches and make active contribution
· To build, develop and lead high performing teams and/or individuals with the right mix of competencies and capabilities to meet the changing client agenda
· Be the linchpin between data & measurement and the Studio building strong relationships to ensure our work is insight lead and outcome focused
· Goal setting and performance management: act as an efficient and dedicated line manager; develop career plans for people you line manage; and mentor team members to develop their potential
· Play a central role in recruiting new talent to the team/agency and retention of existing talent
· Responsible for inspiring and mentoring junior team members and helping develop greater expertise within the agency