As a Creative Strategist at H+K, you will be required to think differently in order to challenge, interrogate and understand the goals and objectives of a client’s brief and have a sound insight on the client’s industry, lead the research and develop brand and campaign strategies. You will be required to prepare thoughtful and insightful proposals, working across multiple projects and clients simultaneously. You will be required to be diligent, thorough and data-led in your approach.
You will be part leader and part do-er, an experienced visionary with the responsibility of ensuring that execution supports the strategy elements. Your role will sit between Data & Measurement and The Studio. You will need to be a creative thinker, influential collaborator and highly persuasive presenter.
- Assess strategic problems, develop insights, trends, recommendations and strategic direction and platforms for clients. For which you will require a working knowledge and keen interest in primary and secondary, quantitative and qualitative research methods as well as basic literacy in behavioral science
- Create strategies that are driven by evidence, lead to clear and practical communication solutions which are creatively fruitful and impact orientated
- Be accountable for writing concise and inspiring creative briefs authoring the creative platform and briefing the studio and broader H+K team
- Provide senior counsel to clients and lead insight driven content strategies for current and new clients, provide recommendations to clients on the best channels/communities for specific clients and campaigns and champion creative work that will work across all channels
- Lead, participate and facilitate strategic discussions both internally and with clients
- Display skills in proposal writing, with the ability to adapt tone and style to match a client’s individual requirements
- Champion the H+K Way and display and share skills in the basics of planning and strategy throughout the process
- Identify critical issues, trends and opportunities for our diverse client base
- Help clients develop their knowledge of H+K’s offering, capabilities and network
- Collaborate and consult closely the Studio’s creative and production teams regarding their output, client projects, new business, etc.
- Ensure all projects and campaigns are concluded with a conclusive and detailed case study, ensuring the outcomes of campaigns are a core part of your responsibility.
- Drive escalation of knowledge within the agency, continuously focus efforts on developing and enhancing the skills and capabilities of the business, sharing key learnings and developing the expertise in the agency as a whole
- Champion the importance of client satisfaction and service within the team, leading by example and encouraging positive client relationship building behaviour
- Provide creative and strategic recommendations to growth plans for clients, identify new opportunities
- Sell creative strategy as a billabel service to new and existing clients
- Ensure our creative work is more easily bought by ensuring it is on strategy and will deliver the objectives
- Play a pro-active role in terms of proposal development, pitching and conversion.
- Lead and present in new business pitches and make active contribution
- To build, develop and lead high performing teams and/or individuals with the right mix of competencies and capabilities to meet the changing client agenda
- Be the linchpin between data & measurement and the Studio building strong relationships to ensure our work is insight lead and outcome focussed
- Goal setting and performance management: act as an efficient and dedicated line manager; develop career plans for people you line manage; and mentor team members to develop their potential
- Play a central role in recruiting new talent to the team/agency and retention of existing talent
- Responsible for inspiring and mentoring junior team members and helping develop greater expertise within the agency