Senior Consultant Communications + Public Affairs
H+K is looking for a passionate and high-performing Senior Consultant to join our Corporate Advisory team in Ottawa. This represents an exciting opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of clients across a wide range of sectors including health, technology, financial and professional services and energy. We are looking for not only incredible talent, but also great attitude, energy and passion for H+K and our clients.
As a senior consultant, you will be responsible for tracking emerging, reputational, policy and political issues, creating original messaging and outreach materials, researching and writing on reputational, policy or other matters, suggesting proactive ideas and programs to help meet achieve our clients’ business, communications and reputational goals.The Senior Consultant will also help coordinate, execute and manage social and digital engagements for our client, wear multiple hats and work effectively with junior, and senior team members nationally. This position requires experience managing complex projects and a strong passion for digital media.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Supporting the creation and implementation of integrated communications plans that change perceptions and support clients in achieving their business objectives
- Support social and content strategies in public and corporate affairs
- Support members of the Content and Digital teams on ongoing programs as required
- Undertaking specific research activities in support of broader strategies and plans
- Preparing prepare written materials such as agendas, activity reports, stakeholder maps, briefing documents, presentations, submissions, communications materials and leave-behinds, tailored for various audiences and platforms
- Working with teams to plan and execute virtual and in person events and meetings
- Overseeing or managing ongoing tracking and reporting on client activities and results
- Providing insight and intelligence to account leads that could advance a file or client issue
- Recommending strategies, messages and adjustments to client programs based on experience and feedback
- Fostering relationships and building trust with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Minimum 4 to 5 years’ experience in a communications, public affairs, government role
- Familiarity with analytics or social media monitoring tools
- Post secondary degree in political science, public policy, communications, or similar program
- Outstanding written and presentation skills, bilingualism (oral and written French and English) is a considerable asset
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to clearly articulate complex content
- Superior project and time management skills with attention to detail, ability to prioritize and to deliver projects in spite of obstacles
- Creative thinking, initiative and problem-solving
- Technical savvy and a strong interest in the latest social and content trends
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation needs during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.