Account Manager, Consumer Brand + Writer
Expert storytelling. Diversity of perspective. Authenticity. Results. The H+K Strategies is seeking a dynamic Account Manager with strong consumer brand experience and creative writing skills to join an elite embedded client team in New York or DC. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career by leading communications for consumer marketing programs on behalf of an impactful, global retail client as part of a dedicated, integrated agency team.
Candidates must have experience in either leading or playing a key role on consumer client accounts, with a proven media relations track record and a strong understanding of storytelling in today's evolving media and consumer engagement landscape. The ideal candidate will be an expert wordsmith and storyteller that can craft and edit informative and engaging content in a compelling way and is a creative yet strategic thinker that demonstrates enthusiasm and energy, an appetite to learn and be challenged, and the ability to balance multiple projects at once. This is an opportunity serve as a true extension of the client team, manage junior members and be part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary group.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton +YOU, together.
Here’s what you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or related
- 5-7 years of PR agency/in-house experience in the consumer/retail/hospitality/lifestyle spaces; integrated marketing experience a plus
- Superior writing skills
- Proficient in earned media strategy and outreach; has strong top-tier media contacts
- Proficiency with leveraging digital/social media as a core component of an integrated communications program; track record of success managing influencer programs and storytelling across owned channels
- Articulate, poised, personable, and quick on your feet
- Ability to drive creativity, execute programs, and manage the client process
- Organized, detail oriented, problem solver, energetic
- Budget and junior team management experience
- Superb client service abilities; detail oriented; problem solver; professional and polished demeanor
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, professional development opportunities and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and a client account that has a positive impact on the world
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative team culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.