Junior HR Communications Writer
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for a Junior HR Communications Writer, U.S. Ford Division to work directly with our Ford Motor Company client in Dearborn, MI.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Serving as a partner to the internal communications and HR teams for various efforts aimed at transforming the employ experience
- Helping develop message effectiveness and alignment across all content (including within HR and Comms as well as the broader company)
- Mining for, developing and providing copy for a variety of executions including but not limited to video scripts, speeches, long-form articles, internal social channel materials, fact sheets, Q&A documents, infographics, talking points, and other assets to tell the Ford employee experience story
- Copy editing
- Helping lead a cultural change toward telling stories in nontraditional ways to nontraditional audiences
Here’s what you’ll need to get here:
- Strong editorial judgment, including journalistic news-gathering and reporting skills, writing and editing competencies
- Some experience with internal employee communication helpful, but not essential
- An understanding of how journalism is evolving in response to the digital revolution that is changing how information is consumed, and appreciation for how writing for social platforms differs from traditional news writing
- Proficiency in AP Style
- Ability to work quickly and independently to deliver high-quality copy
- Experience in a quick-turn, news-gathering environment
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Experience working on a blended, global team including multiple clients and agency partners
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or public relations
- Two+ years’ writing experience for an agency, corporation or news organization
Ready for your next chapter?
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the H+K Talent Acquisition team will contact you directly.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.