Account Director - CPG
CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS
Account Director - Perm
H+K is the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
Our Consumer Packaged Goods team is 35+ strong collection of consumer experts, each with the passion and expertise to discover, immerse and turn what we learn and think into an informed advantage for our clients who span a mix of retail, beauty + grooming and food + drink.
We are recruiting an Account Director with strong brand communications experience to work effectively across our client portfolio, with a primary focus on our food + drink portfolio.
Work will include global and UK focused clients, shaping communications strategy, toolkitting and managing campaign executions. You’ll work with your Account Lead on planning and delivery of initiatives and inspiring best practice with more junior members of the team, as well as taking day to day management responsibilities and client counsel.
The role would suit someone with a passion for big brand consumer campaigns and experience in multi-market and UK activity. They should show strong creative and strategic thinking, have experience in working in a blended team environment, an amazing eye for detail and a finger on the pulse of societal and category trends.
Some UK and international travel may be required.
INDICATIVE CLIENT PORTFOLIO
- UK arm of a major international category leader – our client produces some of the UK’s most popular brands and their products feature in +90% of UK households.
+ Globally iconic chocolate brand – working as part of a global integrated team, having a strong voice for PR around the loop-agency table
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Shape big brand communications planning and strategy
- Deliver counsel and informed recommendations to clients
- Strong representative for PR in loop-agency environments
- Strong media knowledge and press office abilities
- High-standard writing skills; research, proposals, messaging, briefs etc
- Creative and strategic thinking, leading ideation and planning
- Efficiency inproject management, across multiple workstreams
- Great team management, mentoring junior team members and managing campaign elements with specialist support when needed
- Presentation skills – both verbal and written
- First class account administration and eye for detail
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to work with some of the best in the industry
- The chance to make an impact on recognised consumer brands
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and supportive team
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Our dedicated training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to their clients
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential and be their authentic self. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.