FREELANCE Account Manager/Account Director - Financial + Professional Services
Freelance Account Manager/Account Director, Financial + Professional Services – Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
The Financial + Professional Services (FPS) team, which under new leadership has had a highly successful 12 months, winning multiple new accounts and growing remits with existing clients. Our approach is based on a successful strategy of providing clients with both the depth of expertise in financial and professional services they expect and the breadth of experience they require in multi-stakeholder, multi-channel communications. We are now looking to expand our senior leadership team with this new role.
- Standard Bank– Managing the strategic multi-channel communications programme in the UK and internationally for the biggest bank in Africa.
- OC&C Strategy Consultants– Helping the executives of the strategy consultancy publish their insights and thought leadership across traditional media and social media channels.
- BitPanda- Launching new offerings and creating multi-market campaigns for the rapidly growing fintech Unicorn whose goal is to level the financial playing field by giving ordinary people the tools they need to become an expert investor.
- Equifax– Creating a new unified voice across corporate and consumer channels and reshaping the public relations programme for the global data and analytics company.
- Raymond James– Raising the media profile of its wealth managers and its growing European Investment Banking team.
- PSP Investments – Leading the international PR programme for one of Canada's largest pension investment managers.
We have a new opportunity for a Freelance Account Manager/Account Director in the fast-growing Financial + Professional Services team in London. This dynamic and ambitious group of 22+ consultants lead some of our most well-known and biggest accounts.
The opportunity spans corporate comms and consumer PR, so rather than looking for a specific skill set, we’re looking for the right person that we can carve the perfect role for. The right candidate will be someone brimming with creative ideas, a strategic thinker, able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with curiosity and knowledge of the world we live in, the media agenda, and how this applies to our clients. Agency and big brand experience are both highly desirable.
RESPONSIBILITIES + DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing accounts, from proactive press offices and campaign-rich comms programmes to strategic advisory and corporate profiling. We welcome applications from people that can show:
- Excellent organisational skills, managing complex accounts which span owned, earned and shared content
- A proven track record for contributing to high-impact campaigns and proactive approach to new ideas
- A tenacious approach to media relations, both through organising press office teams and drumming up media interest
- Strong client handling skills; experience in delivering counsel to clients
- Adept at crafting engaging, impactful and flawless copy for a range of communications channels
- A team player, looking to learn from the best of our agency specialist and willing to invest time in developing our junior team
- A willingness to think beyond the UK media landscape and collaborate with colleagues and clients around the world
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to be part of smart, ambitious, and dynamic team, growing quickly within a large agency, and not forgetting to have fun with it
- A seamless connection to specialist teams and talented individuals spanning a truly global agency, with countless opportunities to work with a diverse group of people in the UK and around the world
- Exposure to leading brands and exciting briefs, and the chance to learn from consultants at the top of their game
- A world class training centre and packed schedule of cross-discipline learning and networking opportunities
- The ability to shape the thinking and direction of major projects for some of the biggest new launches in the industry