Retail + Leisure- Account Executive
H+K Strategies is the first, large communications agency to structure itself around industry sectors. This adds deep industry knowledge to the agency’s core communications business which is supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
H+K London’s Retail + Leisure division is a passionate team of comms experts from across fashion, travel, retail and entertainment, representing some of the most exciting and innovative brands in this space. The breadth of our work is second to none: we produce Cannes-Lion winning content, create inspiring brand-building campaigns that drive preference, and lead some of the busiest press offices in the industry. We focus on helping the brands we work with create emotional connections with their audiences and tell stories that drive cultural relevance.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our team to work primarily across a travel and lifestyle portfolio of world-renowned brands in this sector (including travel, entertainment and consumer tech).
- Proactive thinker and self-starter who enjoys taking the initiative and thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Effective team player who can build good relationships with colleagues, media and clients
- Creative problem-solver who relishes coming up with new ideas and solutions
- Curious and connected, interested in and keeps up to date on lifestyle trends; interested in the travel and leisure and / or entertainment and consumer tech sector
- Understands the UK media and influencer landscape and has a solid grounding in media and influencer relations (ideally in travel, lifestyle or consumer tech spaces)
- Strong communication and organisational skills, demonstrating a keen attention to detail in both areas
- Motivated to learn and develop
- Taking an active role in delivery of press office and campaigns activity for key accounts
- Maintaining relationships and building media / influencer contacts to drive client coverage
- Supporting delivery of tactical activity (experiential, events management, talent recruitment and management, etc.)
- Drafting copy for articles, press releases, and event materials
- Supporting senior team in development of creative ideas and presentations
- Keeping abreast of relevant industry news and sharing with team and clients
- Managing account admin duties (including coverage charts, morning coverage alerts, coverage trackers, media list, reports etc.)
- Managing and coaching JAE / intern level members of the team
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- The chance to gain first-hand experience working with renowned international and UK brands, creating high-profile work that gets noticed
- The opportunity to experience significant learning and development, working alongside sector and specialist experts and through H+K’s own dedicated training academy: the Hub
- Working as a member of a passionate, dedicated and supportive team