Account Director - Sports Brand
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
Nowhere is this better exemplified that in our newly created adidas team sector, designed to best serve one of our largest and most high-profile clients. As its global PR agency of record, and long-standing partner to the London Newsroom, we are responsible for elevating its brand and performance category storytelling; creating, packaging and making famous the brand’s strongest moments.
ABOUT TEAM ADIDAS
H+K has worked with adidas for close to 30 years and has been behind some of its most talked about campaigns. We are the PR agency of record for adidas Sports Performance globally, the UK and US; and at the start of 2020, the adidas team at H+K was brought together into one dynamic and multi-skilled team for the first time.
Work is fast paced, varied and challenging, as the team plan and activate campaigns on a global and local level. Global work is focused on planning, strategy and implementing creative PR campaigns and the UK team is focused on media relations, content creation and creative activation of campaigns.
We’re looking for fresh energy and perspectives to join the team, so if you’re hard-working with a passion for sport culture and strong communications skills, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a talented, creative and strategic Account Director, with global experience, to join our team. You should have excellent client service and campaign management skills, be a true creative strategist and have a deep understanding of sports culture.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has delivered creative planning and strategy for global sport or consumer brands, as well as creating local executions that reflect and shape culture.
- Work will be inspiring, varied and challenging and include:
- Experience with one of the world’s best sports brands
- Being part of a driven and ambitious team
- Management of client relationships
- Driving creativity, pace and strategic thinking
- Creating engaging assets and content for global and local storytelling
- Market liaison
- Writing strategic plans
- Using data and insights to drive effective storytelling
- Co-ordinating global and local events
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Proven track record in creating impactful campaigns for big brands
- Strong client handling and leadership skills; from design to delivery of campaigns/projects
- Proficient in preparing and managing budgets
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail, particularly under pressure
- Global communications experience is a prerequisite for this role
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and friendly team who love their work
- First-hand experience working on a leading global sports brand, known for its innovative, creative campaigns
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Best-in-class training through our dedicated Hub facility
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’